Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, March 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 09, 2009

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
P.O. Box 10180 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation No Heat 5 weeks. Conspiracy with contractors to Defraud client. Van Nuys California

Broken Heater 26 Days and they want me to wait another 7-10 days.

(ALL THREE CONTRACTORS STATED THAT SYSTEM MUST BE REPLACED)

The next day they changed their mind, without re-diagnosing anything or visiting the site. Somehow FAHBPC was able to help the contractor re-diagnose our heating system using either telepathy or some other system. Now they are going to change another part.

I asked what happens if this does not fix the issue , (recorded conversation with Rep.) the problem is in the air handler, not the outside unit.

I was told, they will send someone else out and start from the beginning. At that point we will be well over a 5 weeks without a functioning heater and it is snowing as I write this.

The outside temperature has been as low as 28F.

I also have it recorded that we have no recourse at 4 or even at six weeks, as long as they state that they are working on it, they are meeting their contract.

I was told that if I have a outside company comes in and repairs or replaces it, I will breech our contract and they will not reimburse me for anything.

My only option is to freeze, or have someone else come in and replace it. Possibly in a year or two I will recover the money in court.

We should try a class action suit, though I fear that they will go into bankruptcy and all paid customers will loose all their money.

client
Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2009 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91410-0/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-No-Heat-5-weeks-Conspiracy-with-contrac-432500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC