Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2008

• Reported By:Greenville South Carolina
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
PO Box 10180, Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation They refused to pay for air conditioner which went out on June 18 2008, I just today got their final answer, which makes no sense at all Van Nuys California

we bought our house the first year was covered in buyers contract, so we renewed our contract with them (first american home buyers protection corp)but had not had any major problems until June18 2008 one of our AC units went out. anyway when I called for service they had no one to service them in our city. I was told I would have to call an outside tech so I did .

I got 4 estimates ranging from $6,000 all the way down to $2900 so I naturally took the cheapest one. we were without our downstairs unit for about a week .

I have been told so many lie's from these people you will not believe if I told you all of them. their final excuse was that the unit had been too small for the house, hey we have two units one just went out the other is still working and it was in the house when we bought it and it was covered by them for the first year so how was we to know it was too small which is an out right lie anyway. we had 2 units at 2 1/2 tons each. they were trying anything possible to get out of paying which has worked.

so today i get a check for 70 dollars and I called them and they say they were not responsible for anything else than 125 dollars. that is minus the service call I payed the techs .How can this be? Since june18 they had been giving me one excuse after another. I will usethe 70 dollars to try to get something done to these people as I see We are not the only one's that has been ripped off.

I will contact all realtors I can to tell them not to use them in their home sales,if it was covered when we bought this house and we paid money to extended the warranty I think they should pay up ,if not they should not be in business

Heung
Greenville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91410/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-They-refused-to-pay-for-air-conditioner-381158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation