• Report: #219045

• Submitted: Sat, November 04, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, November 04, 2006

• Reported By:Woodland Hills California
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
PO Box 10180 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Waste of Money - 2 Plumbing Claims Denied Van Nuys California

Called First American after plumbing backed up. The sent a plumber 2 days later. The plumber walked around the house for 30 seconds & told me I didn't have a proper clean-out so he couldn't do anything but would call First American and have them send another plumber to install the cleanout. Bad info - installation of cleanouts aren't covered! After wasting $55 to learn that I called my own plumber who found the cleanout & cleared the line!

3 months later I had a different plumbing issue (guest bathroom was backign up) and thought I would try FA again. Same inept plumber was dispatched. He snaked 125 feet couldn't find the clog. The plumber told me that they needed to send a camera down the pipe and investigate. He assured me that he would talk to FA and have them send someone out, "I'll get you your $55 worth". Total BS...

Of course I had to call FA as they didn't call me back. After 10 minutes on hold the rep transferred me to a claims specialist - I knew I was in for the run around now. Bottom line is the plumbing is still backed up & FA refuses to send another plumber.

This company is a JOKE. I'd love to know what % of claims they actually pay.

Woodland Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2006 12:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91410/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-Waste-of-Money-2-Plumbing-Claims-Denie-219045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation