Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, June 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2008

• Reported By:marietta Georgia
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
P.O. Box 10180 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Warranty Company Inc First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Total Ripoff, They'll take your monthly fee, but will do NOTHING to help you. Worse than FEMA for quick response Van Nuys California

Ok, where to start: I have always paid my monthly fee of $60 for this company, thinking they'd be there when I need some home warranty problems. Well, about a month ago, I really needed them (I still do, meaning that they still have not solved the problem). We noticed water dripping down through our ceiling from upstairs. Of course, we call the company right away. Its true what others are saying about being on hold for a long time. Each time I've called I've been on hold at least 20 minutes. But that's not the point. Back to the story: I called a month ago and they say they'll get the problem fixed. They send over some caveman with a wrench who tells me directly that his boss tells him not to make repairs expensive when referred by this company, because otherwise they'll stop sending them work. So he knocks about 6 holes in the ceiling and then tells us there's no problem, it was just a freak one time leak (yeah, right). Well, literally as he's talking, more water is dripping down from the ceiling. He says he will be back in a few hours to fix it. Two days later he still isn't back. In the meantime, I've called the warranty company and insist that they send out someone else. Well, I didn't think it was possible, but they found an even more brain-damaged plumber this time. To make a very long story short, I have called the warranty company at least 20 times over the last 30 days, the hold time is ALWAYS at least 20 minutes, and they still haven't fixed the problem. Now I can't go upstairs because over the 30 day period the floor has become wet and soft, and my family is having to all share the one bathroom downstairs.

marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2008 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91410/First-American-Home-Warranty-Company-Inc-First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-342892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation