Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection

• Submitted: Mon, April 26, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, April 26, 2004

• Reported By:Flower Mound Texas
First American Home Buyers Protection
Van Nuys, California Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection - First American Home Warranty, ripoff for home warranty / residential service contract Dallas Texas, California, Arizona, New Mexico

FAHW has repeatedly sent out inept service vendors. I replaced my dishwasher because it was not draining and was blowing dirty food and water all over my dishes. When the service vendor came out I was told that the dishwasher was not in need of repair and that it was old and needed to be replaced. I replaced the dishwasher only to discover that it was not the dishwasher that was bad or old -- but, the line from the dishwasher was completely clogged.

THEN, we called FAHW because the switch to my jacuzzi bathtub was stuck in the 'on' position, my tub drain was leaking under the tub, and my drains were backing up in my bathtubs. The service vendor who FAHW sent told us that he could not fix the switch and did not clear drains. We told him to just replace the switch and he said that he did not have the switch and did not know where to get the switch and did not know when he would be able to get the switch -- it could be weeks or months or... We had to log another call for the drains. We did. The vendor that they sent out 'cleared the drains'. We had the yard service out to look at our bushes in front because they are dying. It turns out that they have a VERY BAD fungus.

It would appear that when the plumber came out to clear the drains, they forgot to put the trap cover back on and the food and gray water from my sink and dishwasher have been dumping into my bushes (for at least 30 days now). FAHW say 'Too bad!' They do not cover any damages created by their vendors. I have found them to be argumentative and rude. One 'service' rep was SO rude that he refused to escalate my call to his superior and hung up on me. I am an officer for my corporation and am confident that I would not have a job (nor would any of my staff) if I provided this level of service to my clients. BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Etta
Flower Mound, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2004 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection/Dallas-Texas/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-First-American-Home-Warranty-ripoff-for-home-warr-89098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection