- Report: #413822
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection
First American Home Buyers ProtectionP.O. Box 10810 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.
First American Home Buyers Protection Central Heating not fixed after a month VanVan Nuys California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The Heat is Off.
12-19-08 Don called First American, who sent a Technician from Kravets Co. that afternoon. Technician said that he had to order a part which should arrive the first of next week and be installed on Tuesday (Dec. 23).
12-22-08 Barbara called Kravets to ensure that part had arrived, left message.
No return call.
12-23-08 Barbara called First American, spoke to Gail (x3279) after a 45 minute wait on hold. She was very nice and said she would look into it and call back. Gave her extension so we would not have to wait if we had to call her.
12-24 through 12-29-08 No call back from Gail. Left numerous messages.
12-29-08 Barbara called First American again. Waited 45 minutes on hold. Talked to Irma (x2942). She said she would talk to her supervisor and call back before the end of the day. She did not.
12-30-08 Left messages for Irma. No return calls. Called Kravets Co. who said that First American was responsible for getting the needed part.
1-2-09 Called First American again. After another 45 minute wait, talked to Kelsey (x3834). Still trying to find the part. Spoke to her supervisor Xavier who said the part was ordered but wouldn't be installed until the 5th or 6th because the Kravets technician was on vacation. Asked if another technician from another company could be found, he said that that was against policy and could take him hours to arrange. I replied that I thought that was First Americans job; to provide service and he said that he would get back to me. He gave me his extension, at my request, but with two digits reversed. Never heard back from him.
1-5-09 Called First American again. Another 45 minute wait. Talked to Ed (x3403) who said the part hadn't been ordered because "they didn't know the brand of the heater". I told him that it was a Lennox heater.
He promised to call back, but never did.
Don was able to find an a e-mail address for C. Gaska in media/public relations. He e-mailed a brief history of our experience to date and expressed our dissatisfaction.
Later, Barbara called Ed again who said the matter was now "in the hands of upper management" and gave us the number for Ted (x3549).
1-6-09 Barbara phoned Ted at First American, who said that our case had come to the attention of the company president and that Ted would let me know what was happening. He called back and said that he was checking with First American purchasing but was also going to contact Kravets Co. to see if they could get the part. He did not seem to know that they had already said that they could not. He promised to call back, but did not. We called him back at 4:00 P.M. but were only able to leave a message.
1-7-09 10:00 A.M. Left message for Ted to call with an update.
2:45 P.M. After no return call, we called Ted who said the part had been found back East and would be shipped priority (3-5 business days). We said that this was not acceptable and asked why part could not be shipped overnight. He said he would check with purchasing and call back. He did not.
1-8-09 1:10 P.M. Left message for Ted requesting call back on part status. No response.
1-12-08 8:15 A.M. Talked to Ted (x3549). He said that part should be at Kravets Co. and that he would check with them. If they don't have the part he will check with his purchasing guy, who has a tracking number for the part. If Kravets does have the part he will try to schedule the install today. Said he would call back and let us know.
10:30 A.M. Returned from an appointment. No call or message from Ted. Called Kravets Co.
They do not have the part yet and had no call from First American about it.
1-13-09 2:07 P.M. Left message on Ted's (x3459) voice mail requesting phone call or e-mail about status of part needed to get heater fixed. No response as of 6:00 P.M.
1-14-09 10:13 A.M. Left another message on Ted's voice mail requesting status of part. Left our phone number and e-mail address.
2:00 P.M. Still no response from Ted. Left another voice mail.
2:18 P.M. Sent another e-mail to C. Gaska at in media/public relations at First American, with an update on progress (or lack thereof) to date.
1-15-09 10:00 A.M. Found an e-mail from Ted (sent at 6:30 P.M. on the 14th), apologizing for any delays or inconveniences in the handling of our claim. Said the part was "due to arrive today" at the contractor working on our repairs.
Said that a request to track the part was "in the works" and that "appropriate action will be taken" once the information is obtained.
1-16-09 3:30 P.M. Spoke with Kravets Co. about the part for our repair. They said it had not arrived and that no one from First American had contacted them about it.
Don & Barbara
Valley Village, California
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on First American Home Buyers
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2009 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection/Van-Nuys-California-91401/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Central-Heating-not-fixed-after-a-month-VanVan-Nuys-413822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.