Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection

• Submitted: Thu, December 06, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2007

• Reported By:Sandy Utah
First American Home Buyers Protection
P.O. Box 10180 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection Pathetic customer service, exclude everything, pay for almost nothing Van Nuys California

First American Home Buyers Protection is a total ripoff and a scam. I bought a 20 year old house and paid for a home warranty with them. Both of my furnaces were acting up so I placed a claim. They dispatched a rinky dink hvac company who said my furnace needed to be cleaned and maintenance wasn't covered but were more than willing to collect my $55. They also said First American only listed one furnace on the work order and they couldn't work on the 2nd one. I had another company come in and do the maintenance and they cleaned the unit and told me the CO levels indicated a cracked heat exchanger and should warrant a repair or replacement furnace. I had FAHBP re-dispatch to look at both furnaces and again the service company said only one furnace was listed. They agreed my furnace had high CO levels and would need to be replaced and they turned it off and left. Now first american claims that I will need to pay over $1000 to get a new furnace installed because ducting, plumbing and electrical upgrades are required. They say if I want a payout, they will pay me only $479! They want me to pay over $1000 and they're only kicking in $479! Total ripoff. They still haven't gotten someone to look at my second furnace! They are the pits! Biggest Scam I've ever seen! Do not use FAHBP.

Sandy, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2007 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection/Van-Nuys-California-91410-0180/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Pathetic-customer-service-exclude-everything-pay-f-289378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection