Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection

• Submitted: Mon, July 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 07, 2008

• Reported By:Wilmington Delaware
First American Home Buyers Protection
PO Box 10180 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection first American drops the ball again...and could care less! Van Nuys California

This is the second time in 2 months that First American has not provided any kind of service. I don't know how they are still in business with the way they handle their customers.
First time I had to call and our AC unit was not working. We told them it was an emergency as we were in the middle of a heat wave and we had an infant at home. Needless to say they were so incompetent that they could not find the claim information when we called to follow up on the status of the technician. We were told because it was not 100 degrees it did not qualify as an emergency even though there was an infant in the house. It ended up being 99 degree; that didn't qualify though. We ended up having to call someone else who could come out as to not jeopardize the safety and well being of our family. After a day someone finally called us back...a day late and a dollar short. So much for the emergency service that states we will get a call in 6-8 hours.
The second time I had to call was about our AC again. This time it was leaking a lot of water. I again stated it was an emergency because the AC unit is located in our attic. I finally had to call again to see what the status was. After being on hold for over 30 minutes just to get an update I realized they had taken no action. The rep on the phone did call someone that should hopefully be here today. It might be midnight but maybe I'll see someone. The kicker of it all is that because they were so negligent in getting someone here in a timely fashion my ceiling started caving in because of the water collecting in the ceiling. Of course they do not cover this because it's secondary. If they weren't idiot and came out when they should have I most likely wouldn't have this issue. I guess I am another stupid consumer who thought a home warranty would actually help. Next time I'll have to look for a reputable company.

Elena
Wilmington, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2008 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection/Van-Nuys-California-91410/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-first-American-drops-the-ball-againand-could-care-348472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection