Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection

• Submitted: Fri, July 06, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, July 06, 2007

• Reported By:spring Texas
First American Home Buyers Protection
Po Box 10180 Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

First American Home Buyers Protection unresponsive, no call backs, no service provided Ripoff Van Nuys California

On June 11 2007 I contacted the company, my a/c had gone completely out. I was put on a priority service list. 24 hours later their contractor called me and could not come out for 7 days! I recontacted First American and it was like starting all over again. 7 days later their contractor showed up assesed the problem, parts had to be ordered. It took me 3 days to find out the parts order was placed 6 days after their contractor had been out. To this date I still do not have a/c! In south Texas in June/July! The parts could not be located, 2 different supervisors were on it, neither called me back even after 3 messages left on each voice mail! Finally parts located they were routed wrong, the contractor still does not have the parts. In the meantime I had got bids on the nonwarranty part of this repair and their contractor was 40% to 50% higher than 3 other bids I got on the non warranty portion. I had a employee from First American call me from her personal cell phone to tell me that their routine is to give the customers a run around so the customer will forget the warranty work and have the repair done themselves! That explains no return phone calls, no clear answers. My year contract is about to expire their sales team called for my renewal, not knowing I had a pending claim. When I asked how long a typical a/c repair woud take including ordering parts, his response was 4-5 days tops! Yeah right!

spring, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2007 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection/Van-Nuys-California-91410/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-unresponsive-no-call-backs-no-service-provided-Rip-259192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection