Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Warranty

• Updated: Tue, August 26, 2014

• Reported By: Bill — Alpharetta Georgia
First American Home Buyers Warranty
Nationwide USA

First American Home Buyers Warranty FAHW.com Extremely poor follow-up on issues reported; worse than poor customer service Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Same happened to me

Worst customer service and follow-up to issues I think I've ever encountered with any service organization.  Have reported 2 issues this year that should have been simple to fix and both have taken more than 6 weeks each to resolve.

Most recent issue is an AC unit that is not working.  Reported on 7/18 to FAHW.  Today is 8/26.  Still not resolved as of today and it's a comedy of errors.  Local contractor that was chartered to do the work confirmed and then missed 2 appointments and called today to say they in fact don't even have the part because FAHW did not follow-through and order as the committed.  No follow-up from FAHW to apologize or communicate a targeted new date of installation.  Changed our schedule to be home multiple days to meet the contractor and no work at all.  Additionally, FAHW is quoting over $500 of "non-covered charges" - work they say has to be done to install the broken part

Have left multiple voice mail messages with the associate claiming to be my "claims specialist" and have received no follow-up on the phones numbers I'm leaving him.  Only communication is coming from the local contractor and that is not their role.  Have left multiple messages on their e-mail service and response is that they are checking into it - messages appear to be "canned" and have not dealt with the issues.

My request of all who read this is to shop elsewhere - this organization has so many issues and such poor customer service that it's amazing to me that they are still in business.  I'm switching warranty companies as soon as possible and am OK losing my annual fee in the process.

Has anybody had success asking FAHW to cover "damages" due to poor service (lost work time to be home for their appointments, incredible length of time to reslve issues?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2014 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Warranty/nationwide/First-American-Home-Buyers-Warranty-FAHWcom-Extremely-poor-follow-up-on-issues-reported-1172442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Warranty

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Same happened to me

AUTHOR: Littlebit - ()

When I bought my house my broker gave me a policy as a present.

My first claim on a dishwaher leak went ok.

Then I had experianced the same problems as you. They wanted a large amount of money for uncovered work,

and two missed appointments,

then they tried denial of entire claim,it was not part of policy. ( extra was paid for a/c so?)

then said we have asbestos and that invalidates the claim all together.

So after expensive testing there was no asbestos at all!

I had to put the claim in again.

Two differant a/c companies came out finally.

After almost a year long ordeal they did the work and it was not over.

Within six months it caught on fire! The whole house filled with smoke. Apparently they put a compressor in that was wrong unit and used and incorrectly put in . Amazingly they redid the job.

Months later we found out that unit was a very old model.

I was afraid and I never used it again and went with minisplits.

Also there was a second unit up on the roof installed at the same time as the one that burned. When I had my solar panels fixed the guy luckily noticed that the compressor was not attached. Just sat loose there.He attached it for me but imagine what that could have done if it came down.

The final insult came when they refused to renew me due to high claims! I had one dishwasher claim in addition to the a/c one. No way excessive.

So your best bet is persist and check the work if and when you get it done. I wish you luck.