Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers

• Updated: Thu, December 27, 2012

• Reported By: Mrs. Tirado — Nampa Idaho United States of America
First American Home Buyers
P.O. Box 10180. Van Nuys, CA 91410-1980. Nampa, Idaho United States of America

First American Home Buyers Contracts Affordable Drain Service introduces Christmas Popsicles Nampa, Idaho

Monday December 17 my heating went out it took the technician three seperat visits to conclude that there was a crack in the heating unit and the whole thing needed to be replaced. Mind you the epiphany took place on saturday December 22. Our two space heaters running non-stop in 30 degree weather takes some of the bite out however the floors, bathrooms and bedrooms are freezing.

So after Five days of freezing in 30 degree weather we now know the cause of our suffering. We were told that an emergency order would be put in that day and we would recieve the replacement on Monday December 24. Well of course that did not happen the technician stopped answering my phone calls I had use my mothers phone to get the technician to  answer.
My family and I had to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day without heat. Come to find out First American Home Buyers Protection did not order the replacement until December the 26 at 11:00 am and I quote" due to the holiday everything was closed we were unable to place the order saturday. We are doing the best we can. this is how process works it takes multiple visits from our technican for the claim to be submitted accurately". Then I was offered a temporary reliefs of a space heater of up to 50 dollars for a three bedroom two bathroom home that mind you has been without heat for the last 8 days.
So here I am on the 9 day of my very unsettling journey still in a house without heat and them refusing to pay for a hotel for my family and I until the problem is resolved. These people are extremely unprofessional and uncompromising,  leaving a family with a small child in the middle of winter without heat for nine days and counting is ridiculous. The term "emergency service" is unknown to this company, some form of corrective action should be taken on the lackadaisical attitude First American and the contracted technician have exhibited throughout this whole ordeal. I am completely unsatisfied with the lack of service this company has given.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2012 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers/Nampa-Idaho-/First-American-Home-Buyers-Contracts-Affordable-Drain-Service-introduces-Christmas-Popsicl-987614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers