Complaint Review: First American Home Warranty Co.

• Submitted: Fri, October 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, October 09, 2009

• Reported By: Samuel — San Antonio Texas USA
First American Home Warranty Co.
http://homewarranty.firstam.com/contactus.aspx Van Nuys, California United States of America

First American Home Warranty Co. First American Home Warranty Co. Home Warranty Ripoff Van Nuys , California

1.     After 12 years with First American Home Warranty, I decided that I had enough of their sub standard contractors. As for the last incident, back in March 2009, A air handler in the attic was leaking Freon, (This is from my HVAC Maintenance co. They come twice a year on a contract to service HVAC units at my house.) First American Home Warranty sent a technician to look at it, The technician had to order a part, I did not get into it, since my wife was there and I thought all was going normally, 3 weeks later and many calls to First American Home Warranty to find out the status with the repair, the repair guy showed up and installed a blower to the unit??? said that was all that was needed the blower was 50% more powerful than the original one and made the ceiling rattle.. we complained and never heard a thing form the repair guy. Our own HVAC co went to look at the work performed and told us the part installed was sub standard GENERIC of the lowest quality possible. The unit needed to be replaced since the original Freon leak was still an issue and the repair done did not address that at allWe complained, nothing. after 3 months finally First American Home Warranty sent another company to look it and they agreed also that the unit needed to be replaced. Good News? not really. After 4 times at my house the additional price for extra work keep going up, from $350 to the latest, $950 that I needed to pay this HVAC co to do the installation of the unit. I said that I would not pay $950 and we settle at $750 They never came back and now I am told that I must accept a buy out of $394 from First American Home Warranty for the unit or pay $950 to the HVAC co to have the repair done.

The contactor admitted that they get very little compensation to do the work from First American Home Warranty and that additional work and fees are their main income.

This is EXTORTION from those contactors and First American Home Warranty does not provide any help or means to review who they contract with. I am left with no choice but to write this so others can BEWARE of this unscrupulous company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2009 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Warranty-Co/Van-Nuys-California-91410/First-American-Home-Warranty-Co-First-American-Home-Warranty-Co-Home-Warranty-Ripoff-Van-506905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Warranty Co.