• Report: #1120201

• Reported By: Maxine — Long Beach California
First American Home Warranty
P.O. Box 10180, Van Nuys, CA 91410 , Select State/Province USA

First American Home Warranty Will not resolve a claim. Van Nuys California

I began my claim with First American Home Warranty on December 17, 2013, when the washing broke down.  This claim is still unresolved.

Since this time, five repairman have visited the machine in an attempt to fix it, and each time I have lost time at work to be at home.  The third repairman said he needed a senior technician from the plumbing company to provide advice because he could not fix it.  The senior repairman said he could not fix it and said that would be reported to the home warranty company.  He also told me that the warranty company was giving me the “run-around” which I believed.  Between his visit and the correspondence to First American, the story, according to First American, changed and became that I needed a third opinion, but this time from a Maytag specialist.  The “Maytag” specialist arrived.  He was clearly not a representative of Maytag.  He took a week to order parts that had previously been replaced.  I tried to explain this to him, but because he spoke little English, and unfortunately do not speak any Slavic language, he could not understand me, and so I wait.

More frustrating than dealing with the repairmen is dealing the First American phone-line operators who listen and empathize, but cannot help you at all.  They are the gatekeepers. They make all the noises that they are going to help, but once you put the phone down, nothing happens.  I finally got to speak to the person who was supposed to be handling my claim because it had well exceeded a time for normal resolution.   She did not contact me.  Instead, I had to call her, three times before she honored me with a call to tell me she understood, but we just have to wait and see what happens next. From my conversation with her, it seems that they poorly record what happens on a case.  They seem to need several repairmen to say an appliance cannot be fixed before they will replace.

First American do not care how long you are inconvenienced because their major interest is not paying out.  Their motto is something like Service, Value, & Integrity.  The reality is deceit, deception, and dishonesty. This is a warranty company to avoid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2014 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Warranty/Select-StateProvince/First-American-Home-Warranty-Will-not-resolve-a-claim-Van-Nuys-California-1120201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Warranty