Complaint Review: First American Home Warranty

• Reported By: mc39 — United States of America
First American Home Warranty
Van Nuys CA Van Nuys, California United States of America

First American Home Warranty Comprehensive Coverage "NOT" Van Nuys, California

First American's "comprehensive coverage" is a joke. They will replace my broken hot water heater and they will install it, but they won't pay to have it installed according to today's code. They will "cash me out" right now and I can do what I want with the money while I have no water to my house, but they won't pay to have the hot water heater put back in properly.
What a load of garbage. I'm not asking for anything other than for them to replace an item in my home that is covered by the warranty. What a crock, we'll give you a new hot water heater but if you want it installed up to code then you'll have to pay the contractor.
I'm shopping for a new home warranty company that doesn't practice bait and switch.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2012 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Warranty/Van-Nuys-California-/First-American-Home-Warranty-Comprehensive-Coverage-NOT-Van-Nuys-California-904178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Warranty