- Report: #1020954
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: First American Home Warranty
First American Home WarrantyInternet United States of America
First American Home Warranty First American Home Warranty LIES and uses their "Limits of Liability" to confuse and annoy, Internet
1. Bought a home in DEC/2012 and got a FAW "Value Plus Plan"
2. Water heater began making LOUD banging noises (Jan/2013) that could even be heard by my neighbors.
3. FAW sent out 2 different plumbers who both said the LOUD noises were due to sediment build up over time and could NOT be repaired.
4. FAW then quotes their limits of liability (lol) #2 and #3 stating they are not liable for noise.
5. I told FAW the water heater is not working properly and that lol #3 clearly states their liability IS limited to "failure systems normal wear and tear."
6. Stephen Nielsen of FAW, did not like my response. Stephen then told me FAW is NOT responsible due to lol #13, FAW does NOT handle routine maintenance !
7. My water heater not working properly is now routine maintenance ?
8. I further related to Stephen that the plumbers stated that the sediment build up occurs over time and cannot be prevented or repaired. I also asked Stephen and the plumbers hypothetically how you maintain a hot water heater properly to avoid sediment build up. None of them could give me an answer.
9. So first FAW tried to get out of getting a new water heater by using their lol #2 and #3. Then when that did not work they tried to say I did not maintain the water heater properly and used lol #13. I just bought the house and it was just built in 2005.
Please help me with these liars and scammers. I am a retired police officer and I know legal word games when I here them. Especially if it is someone trying to ACT like a lawyer.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2013 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Warranty/internet/First-American-Home-Warranty-First-American-Home-Warranty-LIES-and-uses-their-Limits-of-1020954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.