Complaint Review: First American Home Warranty

• Reported By: Joe Shmo — California United States of America
First American Home Warranty

First American Home Warranty Fraud , Internet

***Do not use this Home Warranty Company.***

First of all the contractors they use mark up the cost of the jobs by a 1000%. When I asked for a second opinion because my family works in the business and I know they ripping me off, they told me "we don't do second opinions... you can take it or do the cash buy out".

It was going to cost me a 1/3 of the cost if I didn't have coverage to have this First American Home Warranty company to come out and to the job. It just so happens that their "buy out" was only 1/3 the coverage cost for me to go out and get the job done myself.

After just moving into this house, I just don't have the funds to cover they fraudulent contractors price. I was told I have 10 days to either pay their contractor to come out and do the work or they would automaticaly send out the cash out settlement.

Everything about this company and the contractors they use is crooked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Warranty/internet/First-American-Home-Warranty-Fraud-Internet-692512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Warranty