Complaint Review: First American Home Warranty

• Updated: Fri, July 24, 2009

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
First American Home Warranty
homewarranty.firstam.com Internet U.S.A.

First American Home Warranty Main sewer line backed up, rep told me it was covered Internet

I had to replace my well pump 2 days after moving in. My realtor had suggested this company for a home warranty. So I called and ordered one. Then my main sewer line backs up into my laundry room and I call First Am and the lady I spoke to last night stated that it was covered. I had specifically told her it was the main sewer line and it was OUTSIDE my house. So they send over there wonderful contractor today. Who hand pushed a snake into the drain and told me he couldn't go any further. Then called my home warranty company and they told him they didn't cover anything outside of the house. Of course he wanted my deductible. I called them immediately after he left and "pitched a fit" to the rep who answered and he said they didn't cover lines outside the home. I asked him "Then why did the woman yesterday tell me you did"? He of course did not have an answer. I informed him I wanted a refund of my deductible all to no avail. So I have since canceled my home warranty; if I have to pay out all of this money anyways, what is the point of one. PS If I would of had it at the time the well pump went out, it wouldn't of been covered because it is an extra fee for that!!! Think I will call my realtor and give him a tongue lashing too! I just moved into this house on Saturday the 17th. So much for FHA inspections.

Kelly
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2009 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Warranty/internet/First-American-Home-Warranty-Main-sewer-line-backed-up-rep-told-me-it-was-covered-Interne-473073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Warranty