Complaint Review: First American Payment Systems (Appstar Financial)

• Submitted: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: Ralph — Amherst New Hampshire United States of America
First American Payment Systems (Appstar Financial)
100 Throckmorton, Suite 1800 Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

First American Payment Systems (Appstar Financial) Kevin Hinkle Total rip off and completely unwilling to seek a satisfactory solution Fort Worth, Texas

*Consumer Comment: How dare them...

I own a small grocery store and deli an New Hampshire, and I decided to switch my credit card processing due to a promise of lower rates.  My concern was that their system wouldn't work with my Windows 2000 software.  I was assured by their representative Phillip Shea that it would work if I purchase a product called PC Charge(non refundable). I purchased PC Charge for $290.00 and as I suspected It would not run on my computer.

I called First Americans representative and was told I needed to upgade my computer.  I was not doing that and taking a chance of being out of business completely. The first of July they deducted $50.85 for the monthly fee.  I called and was told it would be refunded due to the software issue. After several calls I knew that the money was not going to be refunded.  I called the local rep. Phillip Shea and I asked him to find out what I had to do to terminate the contract.

He said he would get back to me. At this point he stopped taking my calls.  So now they start deducting monthly fees($50.85), annual fees ($95.00).  I had my bank revoking the authorization for these charges and I begin the process of changing my bank account. During the process of changing the account they continued to deduct fees, one time $600.85. Still they have never processed one transaction. When I finally closed the account, thats when they wanted to talk.  They sent me a demand letter for the amount of $600.85.

I called Kevin Hinkle and told him that due to their misrepresenting the fact that it would work on my system that I wasn't paying anything.  He offered me a buyout on the contract in the amount of $80.85.  I decided I would pay it just to hopefully get rid of these people, and I  hope it works.  I sen't them a bank check for the amount.  I was too concerned about their business practices to send them a check from my new checking account. All in all they cost me about $420.00 and and some sleepless nights and never did a thing. It's a lot of work to change your bank account.  I hope this saves someone else from the same fate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Payment-Systems-Appstar-Financial/Fort-Worth-Texas-76102/First-American-Payment-Systems-Appstar-Financial-Kevin-Hinkle-Total-rip-off-and-complet-946294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Payment Systems (Appstar Financial)

How dare them...

AUTHOR: Eat Fresh - (United States of America)

Wow it seems like the guy that offered you a settlement of $80.85 was actually trying to help you out. I dont know about you but a contract that you sign is still in fact a contract. So all fees that would have been charged to your account would have been legitimate if said contract was signed. My advice to you is dont jump into anything that your little business cant handle. Oh and read your contract. Jared, Eat Fresh!