Complaint Review: First American Property & Casualty Ins. Company

• Updated: Tue, August 05, 2014

• Reported By: just Joe — Vancouver Washington
First American Property & Casualty Ins. Company
Nationwide USA

First American Property & Casualty Ins. Company Won't return calls, email or snail mail, but notified us they will now renew our policy Santa Ana CA

I have been so fed up with First American Property & Causalty Ins. for a claim from Dec. 2013.  I have emailed, snail mailed and called Martha Flores and receive no call back.  I was so frustrated I went online to see if there were any other complaints agains this company.  I see the man in Arizona had a very similar experience and I am so sorry for him and all the others being ripped off by this company.  This is our FIRST ins. claim with this company.

They said we are being dropped because we did not use a Lic. Contractor.  We were told by their Adjuster, and by their Demo crew Leader we could do the work ourselves.  We don't insatll carpet or vinyl so hired Lic. Contractors.  We mailed a very large pkg to the company with copies of every receipt, and the contrators used their letter head, it's dated, totals for materials and labor. but my husband who was in construcion when he was young did all the drywall/insulation repairs.  If they drop us we will be on a RED LIST and it doesn't matter which ins.

company we use, we will pay exceedinlyly high premiums if we are dropped.  I have contacted our State's Insurance Commission office.  They had me fill out a claim which took five minutes and they will deal directly with FAPCIC directly from here on out. I hope the gentlemen from Arizona will contact his state official to deal with this company.  In my state, this legal representation is FREE.  Our property taxes cover this service.  Hope more people realize their state rights and use them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Property-Casualty-Ins-Company/nationwide/First-American-Property-Casualty-Ins-Company-Wont-return-calls-email-or-snail-mail-1167538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Property & Casualty Ins. Company