Complaint Review: First American home Buyers Protection Corp.

• Submitted: Mon, November 05, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: burned once — Henderson Nevada United States of America
First American home Buyers Protection Corp.
P. O. Box 10180 Internet United States of America

First American home Buyers Protection Corp. FAHW Approach to claims hinges on fraud Internet

I just made my first claim to First American Home buyers protection corp for a leaking hot water heater.  We discovered the leak on Sunday.  The evidence was water running from under our garage door.  The vendor of choice for First American called and said they couldn't be out till the next day so I turned the water off and drained the tank to stem the flow of water into my garage.

The next day a man came out to check the tank then lectured me for draining the tank.  I told him I preferred that to having water all over my garage floor. I figured out why he was angry about me draining the tank after he finished what he planned on doing.  He refilled the tank then attached a hose to the drain and proceeded to drain some water then refilled the tank.  He did this several times and waited around for about a half hour.  Low and behold!  The leak stopped.  His rinsing actions caused enough silt to roil up and finally plug the leak.  The hope here is to stop the leak for at least 30 days so they can charge another service call fee.

I called American First to complain and was told that is how they do service calls.  They try to fix the problem temporarely to avoid claim costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2012 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-home-Buyers-Protection-Corp/internet/First-American-home-Buyers-Protection-Corp-FAHW-Approach-to-claims-hinges-on-fraud-Intern-964936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American home Buyers Protection Corp.