The Company says:
1. As a subsidiary of First American Corporation, we have the financial strength to protect our customers.
2. We offer comprehensive coverage on all standard systems and appliances.
3. We have no size or age limitations on systems and appliances.
4. We have no 'Obsolete Parts' clause; if we can't fix it, we replace it.
5. We provide fast and friendly service 24 hours a day, everyday of the year.
6. We have a large network of certified, insured contractors throughout the nation.
7. Last year we saved home owners over $119 million in home repair costs.**
The Company does:
1. Not use its financial strength to protect its customers, but instead uses it to win small claims cases and keep from having to pay for repairs.
2. Offers great 'sounding' packages with coverage for everything, then not provide an actual COPY of the contract and tells you everything on your claim is NOT covered.
3. Absolutely, patently false!
4. Again, false. If they do replace a part or appliance after having no choice, they will use the cheapest replacements possible. The amount of time, energy and time off used up by customers seeking resolution to their claims offsets any benefits to using this company.
5. Their version of 24 hour service is to have a phone number that is not answered for periods up to 45 minutes and a Web site where complaints are never responded to. Each time a customer service rep does pick up the phone your claim information will magically change, in direct proportion to the cost of your claim. In addition, never, ever, let them send out more than one technician to your home, or SIGN anything from the technician if he/she has not fixed the problem because the company will try to collect additional service fees on the same claim each time a technician appears at your door.
6. CHECK THIS CLAIM CAREFULLY!!! I had an alleged plumber come to my home to fix a leak that was coming through my ceiling. He literally made three holes in my home: One 18 inches by 3 feet; one 14 inch square hole in my wall, and a second hole in my bead board looking for the leak. He then didn't actually FIX the leak but came back three times! After three months of calls to this company I finally hired a plasterer whom I had to pay out of my own pocket $780 to repair the damage caused by the plumber, and this company actually sent me another letter saying I still owe them $55 for a SERVICE CALL or they were going to report it to the credit bureau!
7. The company claims it saved customers more than $119 million in home repairs; however, this figure INCLUDES the $65 service fee paid each time a technician come to a customers home. Judging by the collections exhibited in #6 above, I can see where the profits come from. In addition, the company's 2007 third quarter EARNING show that they total revenue was $2.1 BILLION!
All this and I cannot get them to pay the $780 bill for the damage caused by the 'professional' plumber they sent to my home to fix my still-existing leak.
Run; do not walk, away from this company and all subsidiaries of the same!