Complaint Review: First Approval Benefits

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2003

• Reported By:westminster California
First Approval Benefits
177 Main Street Box 157 Fort Lee, New Jersey U.S.A.

First Approval Benefits Credit Card Scam Fort Lee New Jersey

I received a phone call from First Approval Benefits offering me a credit card with a limit of $6,000, all i had to do was give a one time fee of $300. The guy on the phone assured me a credit card and would be sent to me with in 25 days.

At first i hesitated becasue something did not sound right, I told him that i did not want anything to do with it and he insisted that there no hidden charges and thats it.

So being so desperate to start building credit i fell for it and gave in. I gave him my information and he assured me a credit card.

After 3 weeks i received a packet from them, it was a "How to repair your credit package". That was not what i agreed to buy, the guy assured me a credit card. The only thing that i founf in the packet being close to a credit card was a credit card application and a fee of $30.00 to apply. Notice that in our first phone conversation he said that the $300.00 was a one time only fee for the card.

I figured, "Hey i already spent $300.00 for a packet that i did not agree for, what is $30 more. So i sent in the application and till this day a month later have not received anything. I tried calling the company a couple days ago and the phone number is no longer in service.

westminster, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2003 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Approval-Benefits/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/First-Approval-Benefits-Credit-Card-Scam-Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-75094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Approval Benefits