Complaint Review: First Approval Benefits

• Submitted: Thu, October 23, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, October 23, 2003

• Reported By:LAWTON Oklahoma
First Approval Benefits
177 Main Street Fort Lee, New Jersey U.S.A.

First Approval Benefits I was scammed out of $299.00 in a unsolicited phone call promising to provide me with a credit repair kit and a credit card Fort Lee New Jersey

On 02 Oct 2003, I received an unsolicited telephone call from a Christina with First Approval Benefits. I told her I was ill from work that day and on medication, but I would listen to her presentation. Before I realized it, I was "sold" a credit card repair package and credit card with a $5000.00 limit.

She required $299.00 from me via a bank draft. Foolishly, I gave it to her. She then had her supervisor, James Reed, come on the line to verify the information. I should have suspected something as he spoke so quickly, I could barely understand him as he reeled off phone numbers and had me signing up for voice mail service at $12.95 per month as well.

After researching the web regarding this company, and making several unanswered phone calls, I knew I had been scammed! I finally contacted a Suzanne on 21 Oct 03 and told her I did not want the service and wanted a refund. She said, "Don't you recall that Mr. Reed said after 4 days the money was drafted and non-refundable?" {I told her, "No." I asked to her explain to me what exactly I get for $299.00. She said a credit repair kit. I said I haven't received it and would I ever? She said "Your draft cleanred on 10 Oct so you'll receive it on 31 Oct.

I asked her who her supervisor was. She replied that Mr. Reed was her boss. I asked to speak with him. She said he does not take calls. I asked that he call me and gave my residential number. To this date, no call has been received. I have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau in New Jersey and with the Federal Trade Commission. This people are low-life terrorists! Beware out there! I'll continue to fight and make them as miserable as I can!

Kim
LAWTON, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2003 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Approval-Benefits/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/First-Approval-Benefits-I-was-scammed-out-of-29900-in-a-unsolicited-phone-call-promising-69930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Approval Benefits