Complaint Review: First Approval Benefits

• Submitted: Fri, October 17, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, October 17, 2003

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
First Approval Benefits
177 Main St. Fort Lee, New Jersey U.S.A.

First Approval Benefits; "Josh White" & "Morgan" ripoff of people who can least afford a $299 debit for fraudulent services. Fort Lee New Jersey

Well, same story. I got the call this morning from "Josh White" who passed me on to "Morgan" to seal the deal. Sounded legit, professional and sincere about wanting to help re-establish my bad credit.

I stupidly gave them my bank account number, my SSN and my authorization to debit my account for a $299 one-time fee. I KNOW better than this and was soon beset with much anxiety about the transaction, leading me to do an internet search.

Lo and behold, I landed on this site and saw the deluge of complaints. I am now scrambling to get my account closed and re-opened with new numbers. Sigh.

I hope I'm lucky enough to stop them getting at my funds. In any event, I'm indebted (as if I don't have enough debts already!)to you who have posted your experiences here. Without you, I would most certainly have found myself in dire straits. At least I have the chance of foiling these lowlifes.

QUESTION: I haven't seen any other posts about having given out social security numbers. Can the scammer use that for any illegal activity?

DO NOT fall for this. They go after people who are vulnerable and hungry for a second chance. These are the very folks who can least afford a $299 debit for fraudulent services.

If you get a call offering a credit card deal that sounds "too good to be true", that's because it IS. Hang up and call your local police, state attorney, and whoever needs to know.

Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2003 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Approval-Benefits/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/First-Approval-Benefits-Josh-White-Morgan-ripoff-of-people-who-can-least-afford-a-69390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Approval Benefits