Complaint Review: First Approval Benefits

• Submitted: Sat, March 15, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, March 15, 2003

• Reported By:Madison Wisconsin
First Approval Benefits
177 Main Street Fort Lee, New Jersey U.S.A.

First Approval Benefits rip-off company attempted to get me dirty SOB's Fort Lee New Jersey

I received a phone call from this first approval benefits. I talked with this guy named morgan, who claimed to be part of this company who would help an approved unsecured visa with a credit limit of 2k and a mastercard with a credit limit of 4k, and they would also be sending me a merchant credit card all for the low low price of 269.00 which they would debit from my checking account within a week.

I should have followed my first mind and just hung up on the guy, but stupid me thought maybe maybe this was legit, because morgan politely answered my questions and gave me their cancellation policy which is supposed to give you at least 30 days to cancel your application. Well after I hung up the phone and thought about the decision I had made. I decided to cancel my application. I called and called and called.

Nine times out of ten, the hold time would last no more than 7 minutes tops before the line would disconnect itself. I think once or twice I got directed to a voice mail to leave a message to await a callback. Nevertheless, I never got hold to anyone.

I tried calling information to see if they had a more direct number. No information available, so I tried looking them up on the website. No information available.

Finally I found ripoffreport.com, and lord behold......there I find first approval benefits stories almost identical to mine. So I ran to my bank and had my account closed out. Whew!! But I'm still pissed. How come there are so many places like that out there that victimize people and their incomes. And the only real effective consequence that they may get is to have their name put on a list. They should be crucified. s****. />
Madison, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2003 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Approval-Benefits/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/First-Approval-Benefits-rip-off-company-attempted-to-get-me-dirty-SOBs-Fort-Lee-New-Jerse-49369. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Approval Benefits