Complaint Review: First Approval Benefits

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2003

• Reported By:Charleston South Carolina
First Approval Benefits
Fort Lee, New Jersey U.S.A.

First Approval Benefits ripoff they do not accept incoming calls! consumer fraud ripoff Fort Lee New Jersey

I don't know where this company is based. I had been approved for a credit card, for which I stated I had not applied. I asked to see something in writing, they refused saying it is company policy to get $299.00 up front to receive a MasterCard with a $2000 credit limit and a Gold card with an $8000 limit. When I asked what the interest rate was, "Symone" with a heavy Jamaican sounding accent stated, it must be low, but could not or would not tell me the rate.

When I refused to pay, he would not transfer me to anyone else so I could understand whom I was talking to on the phone.

I called the number Symone gave me for First Approval Benefits 1-866-753-5053. The number answers, "Welcome to customer service" but does not disclose the company identity. The automated attendant placed me on hold. Within 60 seconds, the automated attendant disconnected me. I called back several times with the same result. After the third attempt, Mark Carlson answered. When I asked to speak with a manager, he stated they do not accept incoming calls. I was forced to leave a message, which will surely not be returned.

Charleston, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2003 10:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Approval-Benefits/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey/First-Approval-Benefits-ripoff-they-do-not-accept-incoming-calls-consumer-fraud-ripoff-Fo-62672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Approval Benefits