Complaint Review: First Approval

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2003

• Reported By:Akron Ohio
First Approval
177 Main Street Fort Lee, New Jersey U.S.A.

First Approval took $299 as a fee after i called and cancelled my application Fort Lee New Jersey

Like everyone else I fell for it. I was apporoved for a $5000 limit Mastercard and all i had to do was pay $299. They recorded all my information. A few days later i realized i wouldn't have enought cash in my checking account to cover this so i called to cancell my application. Each time I called they assured me that someone would contact me within 24 hours. No one ever did.

I called and left a voicemail saying i wasnted to cancel my application. They still took the money out. For a week now i've been calling them and they tell me that the money is non-refundable, that i never called to leave a message to cancel, and that no managers/supervisors are available to talk to. All i got was an address to write to and the name of a "manager" Ben Parker.

It wasn't until after the fact that i've found this site. I hope someone can help me with this....i am nearly at $400 in debt to the bank now because of this. I went off on "Mark - the only Mark in customer service" and he said there was nothing they could and would do and not to expect a phone call back even though the asssured me that someone would be calling me back within 24 hours for a week now. This whole thing is a scam and when i asked Mark if it was a scam he said, "We've been here in business for 4 years. I hardly think we are a scam company."

Ante
Akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2003 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Approval/Fort-Lee-New-Jersey-07024/First-Approval-took-299-as-a-fee-after-i-called-and-cancelled-my-application-Fort-Lee-New-69043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Approval