Complaint Review: First Bank of Delaware

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: Furious — Cheltenham Maryland
First Bank of Delaware
PO Box 8099 Newark, Delaware USA

First Bank of Delaware Continental Finance  DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!! Newark Delaware

*Consumer Comment: They Don't Have To!

I had an account with First Bank of Delaware back in 2009. I made a few charges with the card, totalling approx. $300. After I made a few payments and resolved the balance the credit company no longer contacted me. In 2012, I pulled my credit report to find that they had a delinquent amount of $921.34 reported. I was unclear as to what this was but being as though I'm active duty military, I settled the amount for $322 in March 2013. It is now July almost August 2013 and they have still not removed this claim from my credit report. I have been told that they do not have an account in my name however they are reporting on my credit report. DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Bank-of-Delaware/Newark-Delaware/First-Bank-of-Delaware-Continental-Financenbsp-DO-NOT-EVER-USE-THIS-COMPANY-Newark-D-1069112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Bank of Delaware

They Don't Have To!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

If the $900+ amount is correct and they reported that amount, then there's nothing illegal, immoral or unethical about that.  If you settled for less than that amount, then they could/should report that settlement amount but that does not wipe out the original amount of the $900+ if it was correct.

You could add to all the three credit bureau reports that you paid the lower amount and the credit card company took that as a settlement but only if they sent you a letter stating that as such.  However, the original amount will stay there and be a negative mark for you.