pair

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 31, 2012

• Reported By: ranman — uniontown Ohio United States of America
First Bankcard

First Bankcard Amtrust Bank Reward points stolen after closing account. Without being told that they would be forfeited. Internet

*Consumer Comment: paperwork

*Consumer Comment: Yes

My account was transfered from Amtrust Bank visa to First Bankcard.  During the transfer of the account there was a balance of less than $20.00 so I waited for the next billing cycle to make sure all of the transactions had cleared.

Upon receiving my next statement from First Bankcard there was a late charge that more than doubled the previously existing balance and a hold was placed on my account.  I contacted them and said that if the penalty wasn't removed I wanted the account closed.

They removed the penalty gave me the final balance, which I paid in full and we parted ways. After doing so I checked into redeeming my accumulated "World points" and was told that they were no longer available because I had closed the account.

This account was created/opened in 1988 and  I had over 26,000 points earned and they stole them with no verbal warning that they had the ability to do so.  By their own accounting this is worth over $400.00 cash!

I spoke with their customer service people and they said I was S.O.L. get a lawyer.   This isn't right!!!  Am I screwed?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Bankcard/internet/First-Bankcard-Amtrust-Bank-Reward-points-stolen-after-closing-account-Without-being-told-919951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Bankcard

paperwork

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

What does the contract you have with the bank state? Does it say you lose your points if you close the account? There should be something in writing that you signed when you signed up from this program.

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

Yes, you are screwed because they all do the same -- closed an account with them means no more reward. By the way, 26k points worth around $260, not $400+. I had a card with them once and I know for the fact that you could redeem cash for 1% after 25k points. My account, however, was sold to BoA and I got rid of it right away because I do not like BoA.