Complaint Review: First Call Movers

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: madmover — Florida
First Call Movers
2700 W. Cypress Creek Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309 FT Lauderdale, Florida USA

First Call Movers First Call Movers - Lies, Theft, Scam, Horrible Company FT Lauderdale Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: this client failed to read his estimate agreement

Filled out form for movers to bid on my move on 02/24. Got a call from Phil(pgoding) on 02/25. I explained to him that I was in a situation where I was currently involved in a move and needed assistance. I explained to him that I needed a Truck to be available the next day in the AM as I had to make a 10 hour drive home that day to return the UHAUL and unload. I exclaimed that this move WILL NOT be possible if the truck CANNOT get there in the AM. He swore up and down several times that a truck was available and would be there in the AM. We made the deal later in the day (02/24) and I asked when I would hear from the Truck driver. He said that the driver would call be my EOB that day too coordinate and if he did not to call him back around 7-730PM. The Driver did not call.. I called them back and got a receptionist whom told me that Phil had left for the day. Apparently he told me to call back at a time he knew he was not going to be there. The receptionist was eventually able to get the Truck driver on the phone. I then learned that the Truck driver was not going to arrive at my location UNTIL 7PM!! I immediately called the moving company back and of course no one was available at dispatch or anywhere else to assist me. I then sent an email to Phil to tell him there was no way that I could complete. I exclaimed again that I told him I had to have AM. The next morning I called the moving company as soon as they were open. Of course I was unable to get in touch with Phil.

First I was sent to dispatch to explain the situation. She immediately replied that they do not guarantee pick up time and that a refund was not her business. She said over and over again that I needed to type the story up and send her an email. I told her I do not have time for email games - I have to finish loading my Truck and make the 10hr trip home. I realized she was not going to help and semi-agreed to sent the email and called back to the sales line. Again Phil was not available and I got another lady. She said I would need to talk to someone in compliance. I ended up getting someone from their compliance Dept on the phone after having to get angry with them. He called me back and I AGAIN explained the situation. He said he would call me back after he talked to management. He called back and said they could offer me $100 of my money back... I told him that was insane and again explain the situation. The Truck driver had not even planned on going to my location. I talked to him the night before.. He said he would speak to management again to see if they could do better... He called back and said that they would give me a generous offer of $200 back. OUT OF $800!!!!! I soon realized that I would get no where with this company and decided to passively agree to a reschedule while beginning to persue legal representation and contacting my bank. Bottom line - The Sales Rep lied to me over and over again. The Sales Rep Phil - lied to the compliance rep over and over again. That is bad business... I trusted this company to help me in a time of need. Moving is stressful - especially when you have to make a long distance unplanned move like I was having to do... I explained all that to the Sales guy and the Compliance guy.. I was very sincere and truthful with them through the entire process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Call-Movers/FT-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/First-Call-Movers-First-Call-Movers-Lies-Theft-Scam-Horrible-Company-FT-Lauderdale-F-1063897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Call Movers

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

this client failed to read his estimate agreement

AUTHOR: First Call Movers - ()

We apologize to this client for his apparent misunderstanding of the terms and conditions of the estimate agreement which he acknowledged and agreed to by signing, most notably the provision stating we do not guarantee pick-up times or dates.

In regard to this client's move, once First Call Movers became aware of the issues reported we worked diligently to resolve the problems.  We spoke with this client about the issues mentioned in his complaint.  He kindly listened to our explanation and provided us with valuable feedback.  We hope our conversation helps resolve any problem he has with First Call Movers.  Although it is our position that we fully complied with the terms of our agreement with this client, in the interest of customer satisfaction we offered him a $200.00 refund but he did not accept our offer.  Unfortunately, this client has now alleged we perpetrated a crime of theft (see the title of his complaint) and in so doing has exposed himself to a cause of action for defamation.

On February 25, 2013, This client received an estimate from First Call Movers for the transportation of his household goods with a move date of the following day, February 26, 2013.  The estimate on its face reads:

"Cancellation/Refund Policy:

Deposits are non-refundable for cancellations of moves within 7 days of pick-up date.

Deposits are non-refundable for cancellations of moves booked within 7 days of pick-up date.

"By signing this Agreement, I am acknowledging and agreeing to the following:

- First Call Movers is a moving broker, not a moving carrier authorized by the Federal Government to transport an individual shipper's household goods, and is only arranging for an authorized household goods motor carrier to perform the transportation services and, if applicable, additional services.

- First Call Movers makes no express or implied warranties or guarantees concerning pick-up or delivery time/date"

This client acknowledged and agreed to terms of the estimate by signing the agreement on February 25, 2013 at 5:02pm.  We successfully arranged for the transportation of his items to be provided by a licensed & insured moving company.

On the day of pick-up, this client called to cancel because he had expected the movers to arrive in the morning.  Nothing in the Estimate Agreement mentions a morning pick-up, and in fact, by signing the Estimate Agreement this client acknowledged and agreed that "First Call Movers makes no express or implied warranties or guarantees concerning pick-up or delivery time/date".

This client booked and cancelled the move within 7 days of the pick-up date.  Accordingly, this client received explicit, advance notice that the deposit would be non-refundable.  Furthermore, we reminded this client of our refund policy at the time he requested cancellation.  This client booked and cancelled the move with full knowledge that the deposit was non-refundable.

First Call Movers is proud that it fully upheld its agreement with this client and we hope our efforts and our offer of a refund help resolve his complaint.  We appreciate this client's valuable feedback because it helps us be a better company with respect to arranging for the transportation of customers' items.

First Call Movers requires all moving companies servicing their customers to follow all federal regulations and adhere to consumer safeguard policies which exceed the legal regulations.  We strive to exceed the customer's expectations and continually aim to give our clients the highest level of service possible.  We stand behind our work and take pride in operating in the most ethical manner.

To see the many positive reviews we have received, please visit our website at http://www.firstcallmovers.com/first-call-movers-reviews

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC