Complaint Review: First Call Movers

• Updated: Sun, July 14, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — Palm Desert California
First Call Movers
2700 W Cypress Creek Rd #A110 Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

First Call Movers This company should not be allowed to do business anywhere in the US Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Author of original report: Additional Information

*Author of original report: Once again a bunch of untruths

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Steve cancelled his move 2 days before the move date, after we located a carrier

I read Pam's report and when I saw "First Call Movers" I had to respond. I had the exact same thing happen with my move to California. To this day I am still trying to get my deposit money back. In my case, First Call is saying the move was assigned to this QRS company. In my situation, I never heard from QRS. I ended up renting a UPACK trailer and doing all the work myself. Now, I'm working with my credit card company to get my deposit of $1200.00 back. This ripoff company First Call is saying I didn't give 7 days notice of the cancellation. How can you cancell 7 days out when they (First Call) are telling you everyday that your move will be fine. I waited until 2 days before I Had to be out of my house, before scheduling an alternative.

Never, Never, Never, use a moving Broker. If you see the name First Call Movers, Do Not Ever Do Business with this bunch. The are NOT Professional not ethical. The only thing they want is your deposit money, then they will string you along, past your 7 day cancellation date and then try and keep your deposit money. I am fighting with them each day.  One other note this company was also scheduled to ship my truck out to California since I had two cars.  I ended up having to fly back from California, pick up the truck and drive it out here. Never do business with this bunch, Please!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Call-Movers/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/First-Call-Movers-This-company-should-not-be-allowed-to-do-business-anywhere-in-the-US-Fo-1066893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Call Movers

Additional Information

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

In checking my records, I did Not cancel the move request 2 days prior to the move date. I notified First Call of my other arrangements on the 17th at 8:43AM. As I stated in my other update, this company makes up dates and times that suit their needs. Again, who called, what number did they call, who did they talk to.

Why as they stated did I have to call they 2 days prior to the move. I'm the customer.

Once again a bunch of untruths

AUTHOR: Steve - ()

None of what is written in First Calls reply is true. I was never called. Provide Who Called, When they called, Where they called. My girlfriend was with me at all times during this painful process and will verify that no calls were made to me. Until I contacted my credit card company I had no idea who or what QRS was.

Even with that, as First Call stated in this reply they didn't have a carriier assigned until 2 days before the move. Not prior to 7 days allowing me or anyone else to cancel. All I got was it will be ok. With someone moving in the day after I was to be out of the house I could not HOPE this would happen. As they stated the carrier was only found 2 days prior to the move date. I tried to find out who would do this starting on the 14th of the month. They can not expect someone to wait until the last minute.

Again, I never received a call from anyone, 2 days prior to the move, on the day of the move, or after the move. This is all not true.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: First Call Movers - ()

We apologize to Steve however according to our records, days in advance of the scheduled pick-up date we successfully located a carrier who agreed to provide the transportation on the scheduled pick-up date.  The moving company called Steve to schedule a specific time for pick-up but could not get in contact with Steve.  Steve then made other arrangements and cancelled his move 2 days before the scheduled pick-up date because he apparently needed a guaranteed pick-up date and did not trust that the moving company would arrive as scheduled.  By signing his estimate agreement however, Steve acknowledged and agreed 1) we do not guarantee pick-up dates and 2) the deposit is nonrefundable if the shipper cancels the move within 7 days of the scheduled pick-up date.  In this case, the mover was ready to arrive on the scheduled pick-up date.  Had Steve checked with us 2 days before the pick-up date, when he made the other arrangements, we would have informed him the moving company would be there on the scheduled pick-up date; it was our understanding at that time that the moving company had already confirmed that with Steve.  It was not until the scheduled pick-up date that the moving company informed us that they were unable to make contact with Steve.