Complaint Review: First Call Movers

• Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: D-lee — Rocky Point North Carolina
First Call Movers
2700 W Cypress Creek Rd. Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

First Call Movers RUDE, ARROGANT, THIEVING SCAM ARTISTS! Fort Lauderdale Florida

I contacted this company for an emergency move in the beginning of June. I should have looked them up online first. The first person to contact me was Paul, he blatantly lied to me on the phone. He said my shipment would not be based on weight or volume, but my item list. He also promised me that my items (since it was such a short move) would be to my destination in just a few days! Less than a week he assured me. My pick up days were June 12 and 13 and I was supposed to get a phone call 24 hours before my pick up date.

On the 11th, no call. On the 12th, no call. On the 13th, I called them. I was put on hold for about 10 minutes and transferred to a woman named Cat in customer service. I asked her when my things were going to be picked up. She replied, I don't know. I asked her if there was any way to contact dispatch and she laughed at me and said, they can tell you a driver will be there in ten minutes but that doesn't mean they will be and hung up on me. Because I had to drive from NC to GA where my things were being picked up I left early on the 13th and drove nonstop.

I called again around noon that day and got transferred to dispatch, they told me that they couldn't pick me up that day because they were overbooked. (Why Cat couldn't have told me that I'm unsure.) I told Brandy that was unacceptable because the 13th was the last day I could gain entry without being charged. She then called me back (the only time I've EVER had a return call from them) and said they would arrive between 5-6 that evening. 6:30 came and went so I called back again. Dispatch was extremely rude and hung up on me. At 8:45pm I got a call from the driver saying he could arrive at my location at 12 midnight or by 7am the next morning. I paid the charge and had to get a hotel room for the night. The drivers did not arrive until 10 am the next morning! Then had the audacity to try to pressure me into giving them a tip. On my contract that this unprofessional, deplorable company makes you sign it states that for an east coast love they have 1-14 business days to deliver my goods.

We are now on BUSINESS day 23 and there is no end in sight. I call every day and am laughed at, transferred around and hung up on. The only thing I'm told is that as of right now my belongings are in a warehouse in Louisianna. I've asked numerous employees the name of the owner of this company and I've heard at least 3 different names and only first names at that! What kind of company refuses to give out the owners name or extension number? Getting a call back from anyone is impossible! That's their first response to everything, I don't know but I'll call you back, but no one ever does! Everyone there is rude, condescending and unprofessional! It's no small wonder they have a D rating with the BBB! I've reported them already as well!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 09:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Call-Movers/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida/First-Call-Movers-RUDE-ARROGANT-THIEVING-SCAM-ARTISTS-Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-1067938. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Call Movers