Complaint Review: First Call movers

• Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By: Boston Girl — Massachusetts
First Call movers
2700 West Cypress Creek Road, Suite A110 fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

First Call movers First Call "Carrier" No Show, scammed out of deposit, RUDE employees Fort Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: SAME EXPERIENCE!

DO NOT USE this company. I assure you will NOT be happy. They are a SCAM!! Check the BBB site on them, don't be a fool like I was!!

Everyone should beware of First Call Movers, particularly if they assign you Salih Delky as a carrier. I sincerely believe the company is a fraud. I made a deposit with them the month before my move and all seemed to be going well. As the move date approached, the company became less and less responsive. They are supposed to contact you 48 hours in advance of your move, that never happened. I had to contact them. The day Salih, the carrier, was supposed to show up, he never did. I called him repeatedly, to no avail. Finally, I had my boyfriend call (he has a different area code) and Salih picked up and gave some sob story about how his truck broke-down in the middle of the night and that he was stuck in another state. When asked why he never called, he said he didn't want to wake me up early in the morning and I told him any reasonable person wouldn't mind being woken up if their schedules move wasn't happening. It about 10am before I got in contact with him and he had a HUGE attitude. I then called the company and spoke with a man named Mike. Mike literally laughed me off and said, "look at it from his prospective, his truck is his livelihood, the last thing he's thinking about is a customer." I was quite enraged! Any real businessman knows a major key to success IS customer satisfaction. Salih said he'd be to pick up my belongings the next day, he promised. After this encounter I read reviews about him online and found out that he has been scamming people. I told Mike this and that I'd appreciate if he found a different carrier and use Salih as a backup.

Salih NEVER showed up at 6am the next day as promised. I called and called, sent him texts, and left several voicemails. He NEVER responded. I had to wait until First Call "opened" at 9:30am to get an answer. This time I spoke with a man name Ron. Conveniently he was able to reach Salih right away, which was suspicious because Salih never answered my attempts to reach him, not before or after speaking with Ron. Salih lied to Ron and told him that when we spoke I told Salih what I wasn't sure if I could do the move. This was a Thursday, I let Ron know that was a lie... I had to be moved (literally half way across the country), in my apartment, and ready for work the coming Monday. There was NO way I was canceling my move.

Ron tried to act sympathetic and said he's try to find a carrier to do the move immediately, and would call me back soon... This was 10am. By 4pm I had not heard from Ron, so I called him. Ron sounded annoyed and said "there's no way they could find someone to do the move in such a short time," and advised me to contact a woman named Randi for a refund of my deposit on the grounds that the company "failed to provide a carrier by the end of business" on the contracted date range. I called Randi and she agrees with Ron, but passed me off to a woman named Lori. When I contacted Lori, she sent me an automated email with some BS about how they weren't giving me a refund because they did provide a carrier and have no control on wether or not the carrier actually shows up. I let her know that I would be pursing legal action against First Call Movers because they did not provide a carrier. I specifically asked Mike and Ron to get another carrier and they never did. Lori forwarded my email to their "legal" department aka a man named David, who has been nothing short of a blatantly rude sales jerk.

DO NOT USE this company. I assure you will NOT be happy. They are a SCAM!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Call-movers/fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/First-Call-movers-First-Call-Carrier-No-Show-scammed-out-of-deposit-RUDE-employees-F-1068209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Call movers

SAME EXPERIENCE!

AUTHOR: ONICHOLSON - ()

Thank you for your comments & story about your experience with First Call Movers.  I too had a horrible experience with them.  Was overcharged, misled and overall swindled by this business.  Since then, I started to take action to bring these people down! Please join me in my quest. Please help report them to the Better Business Bureau (BBB), the US Dept of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) and American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA). They actually have a direct link to file a complaint with the BBB! These have proven to be the most effective ways to get the word out. Please help me serve justice to avoid the public being abused by bad businesses. Reply to me for links and please let me know your thoughts, comments and/or concerns in facilitating this process.  Thank you!

Better Business Bureau (BBB)

US Dept. of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA)

American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA) http://www.moving.org/files/arbitration/brochure_e.pdf

ARTICLE: