Complaint Review: First Capital Benefits

• Reported By:Charlotte NC
First Capital Benefits
Nationwide U.S.A.

First Capital Benefits ripoff

I received a call from an individual at "First Capital Benefits" stating that I qualified for a $5000.00 credit card. He basically reveiwed all of my information on the phone without me telling him where I reside. He told me I was able to post date my check and then I was transferred to the manager for a confirmation# and recorded confirmation.

The individual was very friendly and advised me not to lose the opportunity especailly if I wanted to improve my credit history. The fee for an insecured credit card was $299 and I will get my credit card 14-15 days after my check cleared. My check has cleared and as of today 9/19/2002 I have not received my credit card. Since July I have been waiting & calling and no return call or credit card.

I have been calling the toll free number (800) 361-9791 and a rude lady answered the phone and told me my package has been mailed - I called again and now there is an anserwing machine message that the company is upgrading their service.

I did not see the company I am complaning about in your listing but I would like to know if they are related to "Capital First".

Please Advice
EC

Elizabeth
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2002 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Capital-Benefits/nationwide/First-Capital-Benefits-ripoff-30490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Capital Benefits