Complaint Review: First Capital Consumers Group

• Submitted: Wed, May 15, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, May 15, 2002

• Reported By:pompano beach fl
First Capital Consumers Group
229 genesse st, niagra square station,buffalo ny, 14201 Toronto, Ontario U.S.A.

First Capital Consumers Group read here to defend yourself before u give bank numbers to these cons Thank you Rip-off report Toronto Ontario

Hello,
First I want to thank all of you and this website for saving me $199.00. Now to talk briefly about this scamming company. I received a phone call this morning from "First Capital consumers group".

The guy's name was Edward, he said he was a new employee there and sounded like a good kid. The plan he described sounded good for me, so I gave what I thought was my banking numbers from my deposit slips.

They called back and said that it was the incorrect routing number. Luckily, I did some research in between phone calls and read from another poster from this site...
"I have already filed fraud charges with the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission (which were very familiar with the company), the Canandian Police Fraud Department in Kitchener, Ontario (also very familiar with the company), my local police fraud department, and will be filing with the Attorney General's Office first thing in the morning."

I would also like to add that the Canadian Police Department suggested that I contact my bank and close the account that the money was drawn from because there have been cases already with this company where unauthorized charges began to appear on a customer's account, but under a different company name. They suspect that it is still First Consumer, but they are investigating at this time to find a solid connection."...

I hope that others read this and it saves them too from a scary situation. I called my bank, and asked them to decline any attempts to obtain my routing number. (which would in effect, finalize the transaction). Also, I closed the account, which will protect me in the future, and after speaking witht the Bank Of America rep.

i was informed that my account had been set up wrong for years and that i was losing about $28.00 a month, with the way it is currently. SO I APPLAUD ALL OF YOU WHO POSTED HERE!! Thank you also Rip-off Report !!!

James
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2002 10:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Capital-Consumers-Group/Toronto-Ontario/First-Capital-Consumers-Group-read-here-to-defend-yourself-before-u-give-bank-numbers-to-t-1032113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Capital Consumers Group