On 12/21/11 we were contacted by phone by First Capital Financial Services personnel. They stated they had a person who wanted to purchase our timeshare. We settled on a price of 18 cents per point, and they requested $2276 as an advance payment. There was a down payment of $69,084 supplied by the buyer, that we were supposed to receive if the buyer backed out of the deal. We signed the agreement and supplied the $2276 via UPS tracking # 1ZE498410221565952 on 12/22/11.
First Capital Financial Services gave us a resale of timeshare Verification # 6906211, stating that the buyer wanted to close before the end of 2011 for tax purposes. Everything was looking good until the end of the year, then nothing happened. We were assured by their financial officer, Adele phone # 702-421-4957, that everything was good and the deal was being expedited. Then after the middle of January 2012, we could no longer get Adele to answer her phone, and repeated messages were not returned.
Calling the customer service # 702-605-3889 was no help either. Recently we have tried sending e-mail to the company's firstname.lastname@example.org address, asking what is going on. We got a response from the corporate attorney Mr. John H. Moore, stating they had a buyer, Mr and Mrs Dave Smith. Then Mr Moore proceeded to send us another contract to sign. It had another whole set of sales prices and a new down payment. At the end of the contract there was a new fee for Documentary Stamp Tax of $6786.14.
Which they want us to deposit in a Bank of America account #*******2658 at any B of A, in the name of Direct Specialists. All we have is their word that they are holding a check from the Smiths for $356,696 that is in our name and they can't deduct the $6786.14 from that check to pay for the Documentary Stamp Tax. Today they called back and offered to let us pay half or $3392.07 now and the other half at closing.
We are retired and have many bills that will not get paid if we give them this money. So now they have given us 8 hours to come up with the funds, or they will cancel our contract. When I questioned them about the original contract I got no answer, just bad mouthing about my ability to think straight, etc. It seems we will lose the original $2276 if we don't comply with their request to somehow pay them the $3392.07. It seems to me that this is just an attempt to scam us out of another $3392.07. What are we supposed to do?