livestock

• Updated: Wed, March 14, 2012

• Reported By: David — Plymouth Michigan United States of America
First Capital Financial Services
8275 South Eastern Avenue,Ste. 200 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

First Capital Financial Services Took $2276 from me to sell my timeshare, then asked for $6786.14 more to close. Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: First Capital Financial Services & Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

*Consumer Comment: Dont send money please!!!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Do not send any more money

On 12/21/11 we were contacted by phone by First Capital Financial Services personnel.  They stated they had a person who wanted to purchase our timeshare.  We settled on a price of 18 cents per point, and they requested $2276 as an advance payment.  There was a down payment of $69,084 supplied by the buyer, that we were supposed to receive if the buyer backed out of the deal.  We signed the agreement and supplied the $2276 via UPS tracking # 1ZE498410221565952 on 12/22/11.

First Capital Financial Services gave us a resale of timeshare Verification # 6906211, stating that the buyer wanted to close before the end of 2011 for tax purposes.  Everything was looking good until the end of the year, then nothing happened.  We were assured by their financial officer, Adele phone # 702-421-4957, that everything was good and the deal was being expedited.  Then after the middle of January 2012, we could no longer get Adele to answer her phone, and repeated messages were not returned.

Calling the customer service # 702-605-3889 was no help either.  Recently we have tried sending e-mail to the company's admin@firstcapitalfinancials.com address, asking what is going on.  We got a response from the corporate attorney Mr. John H. Moore, stating they had a buyer, Mr and Mrs Dave Smith.  Then Mr Moore proceeded to send us another contract to sign.  It had another whole set of sales prices and a new down payment.  At the end of the contract there was a new fee for Documentary Stamp Tax of $6786.14.

Which they want us to deposit in a Bank of America account #*******2658 at any B of A, in the name of Direct Specialists.  All we have is their word that they are holding a check from the Smiths for $356,696 that is in our name and they can't deduct the $6786.14 from that check to pay for the Documentary Stamp Tax.  Today they called back and offered to let us pay half or $3392.07 now and the other half at closing.

We are retired and have many bills that will not get paid if we give them this money.   So now they have given us 8 hours to come up with the funds, or they will cancel our contract.  When I questioned them about the original contract I got no answer, just bad mouthing about my ability to think straight, etc.  It seems we will lose the original $2276 if we don't comply with their request to somehow pay them the $3392.07.  It seems to me that this is just an attempt to scam us out of another $3392.07.  What are we supposed to do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2012 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Capital-Financial-Services/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89123/First-Capital-Financial-Services-Took-2276-from-me-to-sell-my-timeshare-then-asked-for-850636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Capital Financial Services

First Capital Financial Services & Royal Elite Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: SBrittany - ()

We called and wanted to sell our royal elite timeshare. Collyn told us that if our property did not sell in six months, we would get our money back. That was a lie. I called and they said they do not give refunds. They are thieves and liars. We are so upset. We no longer trust any company. I have turned them into the Justice Department.

Dont send money please!!!!!

AUTHOR: overruled - (United States of America)

I too was scamed...  I did all the due dillagence and every time I had to forward funds i once again resurched the company.  My bad....  I know better.... i run a huge company and protect the company from this crap every day....  My ears are always up and my eyes open to this sort of stuff.... I got burned too.  $4032.13  Ok the clincher was when the check did not come on friday fedex as arranged I called and to my supprise it was my fault.... Yes I was accused of trying to scam them and that I was stupid for thinking I could expect payment with out paying the club transfer of ownership fee of $1500.00!!!  Andrew said he was a lawyer and asured me that I was a stupit uninformed man that with all my money (how they knew I had money) the $1500.00 should just be forwarded to their bank account by the end of business or the deal is over and my deposited funds with them as well as my credit would be wrecked...  Yea!!  right!!!  I looked over the contract with the time share and indeed there is a clause that requires a fee to transfer the time share to another party...  $200.00   called andrew  back and more screming and insults....  aparently after he is done with me for not depositing the funds in the bank by the end of business I will be living on the streets...  I replied I am your customer and if this is the way you speek to your customers then I dont consider you a very good lawyer...  Andrew hung up.

I took a walk next door to our office and spoke with the director of the local branch of the  FBI , and gave them all the doccuments. They are now interested in looking into this scam???

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Do not send any more money

AUTHOR: Mark from Virginia - (United States of America)

David,

Do NOT send any more money. Look at the number of people on this website alone (including me) that have been scammed by First Capital Financial. Go to BBB of Nevada, there are even more. Send nothing!