Complaint Review: First Capital Management

• Reported By:JEFFERSON CITY Missouri
First Capital Management
471/3 Brookside Dr. Fredericton, Quebec Canada

First Capital Management $180,000 sweepstake fraud Fredericton Quebec Canada

This letter that was sent to out was sent to my husband. I took the check and id some research on it. I called different place to see if the check was real. I took the check to my bank and deposited it into my account were they told me that they would then hold the check for 10 day's.

After placing a numerous amount of calls to Daniel Mahaffey I realized that this was a scam and went back to my bank and had them remove the check from my account call the bank where the check was suppose to be from and began to do more research.

They told us to send $2800.00 to a Diana Wagner at 3117 Edgewater Dr. in Orlando Fl. which I then did more research and found that this place was a law firm. The letter says that you are one of the lucky winners of a sweepstake sponsored by a group pf multi-national companies.

When we talked to them again he began to tell us who some of the sponsors were he named off quite a few, Wal-mart, K-mart, target and some others. Then he said that we might have used our visa, american express, mastercard or debit with a logo on it.

I realized that we didn't carry any of these cards. The letter also stated that we were winners of 180,000 dollars they sent this fake check for 4,391.95 US dollars and we had to send them 2800.00 back for the surcharges/govt.tax due on our winnings. It says please do not attempt to use this Check until you call and speak wit Daniel Mahaffey @ 416-824-3973 for activation and further clarifications. Please note that the organizers will not enter into any correspondence with any winner and there's no obligation to claiming the prize money. all unclaimed prize will be donated to charity.

Tasha
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2008 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Capital-Management/Fredericton-Quebec-E3A-8Z4/First-Capital-Management-180000-sweepstake-fraud-Fredericton-Quebec-Canada-344464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Capital Management