Complaint Review: First Cash International

• Reported By: jean ann — Munhall Pennsylvania United States of America
First Cash International

First Cash International Stated I took a loan out and did not repay. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Watch your identity

I received a phone call from a law firm who would not give me their name 310-388-1898. They said I had taken a loan out from First Cash International in 11/09 for 500.00 and now I owed over 1,000.00. I have never heard of this company. I took a loan out from fast cash in Nov, but I paid them back. The man from the law firm was foreign and said me and my 2 references were being sued and I need an attorney. I contacted First Cash International 650-887-5025. The person there was foreign and would not discuss anything with me. He just said it was too late and I was being sued unless I paid the amount I owe. Both companies knew my name, address, phone #'s and SS#.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2010 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Cash-International/internet/First-Cash-International-Stated-I-took-a-loan-out-and-did-not-repay-Internet-573714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Cash International

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Watch your identity

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

It has become clear from numerous reports of this scam, that the scammers have come into posession of a large amount of personal information, including names, addresses, phone numbers, references, bank acct. numbers and social security numbers. Most of those reporting the scam indicate that at some time in the past, they filled out an online loan application. My guess is that these scammers have obtained (most likely illegally) a large database of this personal info.

While these particular scammers are only using the info to try to make themselves appear to be a legitimate collector, that does not mean they couldn't sell the info to some other criminal when they are done with it. The amount of information they are revealing on these phone calls is enough to allow anyone to steal your identity.

If you've received one of these scam calls, you should consider your identity to be at risk. I highly recommend going to the FTC's identity theft website and taking the precautions outlined there :