Complaint Review: First Cash International

• Updated: Thu, October 14, 2010

• Reported By: Joyce — Laurel Maryland United States of America
First Cash International
1365 Chula Vista Drive irvine, California United States of America

First Cash International Contacted me by phone to threaten me with legal actions for an online loan that I obtained and did not repay irvine, California

*Consumer Comment: Stacey is right

*Consumer Comment: Jim is correct

*Consumer Comment: Common Scam, New Name

I was contacted by Joseph regarding an online loan that I obtained and did not repay.

To verify that I was the correct person they gave me my home address, place of employment and last four digits of my ssn.  He said the creditor was First Cash International.

I informed him that I had no such loan and asked him to provide me with the loan documents and any additional information he had.  He then informed me that it was too late, that my information had be given to local authorities and that I would be served papers at my place of employment on Friday.

He hung up after giving me this info.  I called him back again to get additional info and he repeated that it was too late and that I would need to come to court to address this issue.

I'm looking forward to doing whatever is necessary to stop these scammers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2010 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Cash-International/irvine-California-92602/First-Cash-International-Contacted-me-by-phone-to-threaten-me-with-legal-actions-for-an-o-650605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Cash International

Stacey is right

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

Tell the caller you know its a scam. I would also imform them they have been reported to the FTC and the feds for fraud . Say anythhing that would scare them.

Jim is correct

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

When they call again let them know YOU know it is a scam and hang up.

Common Scam, New Name

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

These assholes are calling from India and their scam is To scare you into paying a "Loan' that doesn't exist.

Their Game plan is to scare you by threats like "Have the police at your door" or "Warrant has been signed" or "You're in big trouble", "You've committed BANK FRAUD" or similar lies, they usually say they're from "The Department of LAW and Justice" or similar scary FAKE NAMES You're NOT in trouble, they're just good Liars, Pay

them NOTHING, they're only Slimy thieves. When they call again tell them they're just thieves and hang up, they can't arrest you, It's just a scam.