Complaint Review: First Choice Advantage

• Updated: Thu, January 08, 2009

• Reported By:athol Massachusetts
First Choice Advantage
Nationwide U.S.A.

First Choice Advantage contacted by fake company who tried to gain access to my social security number Nationwide

I was contacted by an individual who used the name Trish MCdonald at a telephone number that I have not been attached to for over a decade. She stated that their company had some business for me that needed immediate attention, and they gave a file number (1218011).

I called them back and the woman on the line, im guesing it was my friend "Trish" asked me for the number that I was contacted at. I gave her the number, which is my parents number where I used to live, and she asked me if my name was "John Smith" my reply was no, and she asked me for the number that i was calling her from at the moment. I gave her the number and she asked if my name was "Mike Vikki" when my secind reoly was no she immediatly asked me for for my social security number, which i declined harshly. I asked her what exactly her company did and she told me that it was confidential and asked me a second time for my social security number and i declined a second time, and demanded to speak with this "Trish MCdonald" immediatly.

The woman placed me on hold for about 3 mins and then a gentleman whom I can describe as the pushy quick-worded high pressure used car salesman dodged my questions for information about his company. The whole time that I was on hold I had been on the internet and looked up the company name given "first choice advantage" and it came up on the ripoff report website. I informed my car-salesman of my findings and he immediatly shifted the blame to being my miss spelling of his company, so I asked him how to spell it correctly, the physical address, and web address of the company. He declined to give me the information and tried to trick me into believing some story and proceded to ask me a third time for my social security number. At this point I was completely convinced that this was a "phishing" call and i ended the conversation abruptly.

Coastiedad
athol, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 04:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Choice-Advantage/nationwide/First-Choice-Advantage-contacted-by-fake-company-who-tried-to-gain-access-to-my-social-sec-409770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Choice Advantage