• Report: #220934

• Submitted: Thu, November 16, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, January 18, 2009

• Reported By:Cerritos California
First Choice Dental
7841 Commonwealth Ave Buena Park, California U.S.A.

First Choice Dental ripoff scam artist DISCRIMINATION dishonest cheating lying about services won't give refund! Buena Park California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I will just list the facts

Beautiful Brides of California when you go to a bridal show and are offered Zoom Whitening from Bright Ideas either refuse their service altogether or refuse to be set up with a dentist in Buena Park, CA because you will get screwed into sitting in a chair with Dr. Samuel Lee at First Choice Dental.

Make sure this is your last choice. I paid $300 for Zoom whitening for my fiance and I which included two separate visits for and exam, x-rays and then for the actual ZOom. When I went to the office to schedule my appointment, they were trying to schedule me for a cleaning before I got the Zoom which was not a condition of the contract from my understanding. I realized they were trying to get extra money out of me for a cleaning to make up for the low cost whitening.

When I refused and still wanted to make my x-ray and exam (1st appointment) she told me that they were only open on Wednesdays and the next appointment wouldn't be made until the end of November. Here I am standing in the Office on Friday October 20th. I told them that I wanted to wait for Dr. Lee because they continued to lie to me.

While waiting a woman came up and made an appointment for Nov. 1st. Both the receptionist and the customer spoke in Korean but I saw the date pulled up on the screen without any appointments. She gave her many options for days that she could come in dating back to October 23rd. I felt completely discriminated against and wronged.

Not only that, but the rude dental assistant informed me that she could squeeze me in for Nov. 14th between 10-10:30am which didn't fit my schedule and when I asked her to let me see the screen. . .THE WHOLE DAY WAS EMPTY!!! SQUEEZE ME IN???

When I did finally get my appointment after sitting in the office for 2 hours waiting patiently and being locked out of the office, as per request from the dental assistant who lied to me about them only being open on Wednesdays, I left without speaking to Dr. Samuel Lee, owner.

When I returned I had my appointment with Dr. Kevin Lau and he told me that I needed to have $400 worth of Dental work (Gum shaving) to get Zoom done. My regular dentist whom I visit frequently for my Invislign says it's not necessary. They are only out to make me spend money at their dentist office.

Now Dr. Samuel Lee is refusing to do my work and will not give me my refund after I've been lied to, discriminated against, recommended for unnecessary work, kicked out of the dental office without even raising my voice once. I am prepared to file a law suit for discrimination among other things. I have recorded conversations where Dr. Lee has breached the contract that I paid for.

Now my fiance and I can't take our engagement photo's in time to send off our savethe date photos. I am deeply and truly hurt about this situation and I want everyone to know what a FRAUDULENT COMPANY FIRST CHOICE DENTAL AND DR. SAMUEL LEE IS.

Keisha Barnes
Cerritos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2006 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Choice-Dental/Buena-Park-California-90621/First-Choice-Dental-ripoff-scam-artist-DISCRIMINATION-dishonest-cheating-lying-about-servi-220934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Choice Dental

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I will just list the facts

AUTHOR: Dr. Lee - (U.S.A.)

We at the First Choice Dental try every best to provide the best dental treatment to our patients. I regret that the above person had unhappy experience with our staff. After careful review of our charts and videos, I will just list the FACTS that I found:

1. We did NOT receive any penny from the person above, therefore what rip off?????? She paid some marketing company called Bright Ideas (not my office) for zoom. And, Bright Idea told me that they refunded her.

2. We have the right to refuse treatment to anyone! Especially when she verbally and physically abused my staff (we have video tape, CCD, of her forcing our schedule monitor to demand the right schedule for her).

We have built the world best dental office through our patient's trust. Patient's referral is the key to our dental office's success! My office has won 1st place award on many of dental organization proving quality of our dental treatment. However, I realize that I can not make everyone happy as even Jesus could not make everyone happy.

Happy New Year!