Complaint Review: First Choice Design

• Submitted: Fri, December 28, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 28, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous Customer — Cincinnati Ohio U.S.A.
First Choice Design
401 E. Main Street Galesburg, Illinois United States of America

First Choice Design First Choice Design Ripped Me Off For $99.00: I Never Received Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Galesburg, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: They ripped me off as well..

*Consumer Comment: INo Rebuttal

401  E. Main Street; Galesburg, IL  61401             Ph.:   1-866-888-9189, then dial "0"

On December 20, 2012, I paid $99.00 for Microsoft Office Professional 2010 via First Choice Design's website, which is the following:

It is currently December 20, 2012 and I have not received my software package to download, as instructed via return email from placing order on their website. I tried calling this company at all hours, as no one will answer the phone, nor will Live Chat and their emails be answered. [continued below]....
..... So here I am, out $99.00, as I don't make a great income----I could have used that $99.00 for something better.   The Microsoft Office Professional 2010 software was for my new computer, since old one bit the dust; also, I plan on taking online classes, so Microsoft Office Professional 2010 would have been very beneficial.

This is a scam operation for sure; otherwise, what legit company would not answer their phone, respond to their emails, or live chats? I have made numerous phone calls, emails, and live chats, while having no results.  You need to warn the world that this is a scam operation and First Choice Design should be shut down, so not to rip off more customers. I would never order another product from this company ever, again.   I wonder how many other people they scammed.

Since First Choice Design insists on not sending me my Microsoft Office Professional 2010, I would prefer that all my $99.00 be refunded.   If, by some coincidence I do receive my software package, which I doubt I do, since it has been 8 days after the fact, then I will just accept my merchandise and move on.  For now, I would choose to have my $99.00 refunded at this time, under the circumstances given. You can also see,all the emails, etc., I sent to First  Choice  Design obtained no positive results.

For anyone that has been ripped off by First Choice Design, the Better Business Bureau and State Attorney General need to be contacted, which I am working on at the moment.   But first, I wanted to warn everyone about First Choice Design's shady practices, so no one else loses $99.00 or any other money ordering products from them that will not be delivered.  Here are the websites you can copy and paste to open up in your Search Engine:

http://www.bbb.org/central-illinois/business-reviews/charity-local/naeir-in-galesburg-il-6000625  -
Better Business Bureau for Galesburg, IL

http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/about/contacts.html   -   IL Attorney General, Lisa Madigan

You can copy and paste First Choice Design's above website address to your Search Engine for more information.   Their prices may be tempting, but they are no more than a bait and switch trick to steal your hard-earned money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Choice-Design/Galesburg-Illinois-61401/First-Choice-Design-First-Choice-Design-Ripped-Me-Off-For-9900-I-Never-Received-Micro-988316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Choice Design

They ripped me off as well..

AUTHOR: Don''t mess with me - I WILL not go - (United States of America)

Hey guys, this is the one GOOD thing about PayPal. YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!! YAYYY PayPal!!  :)

The key these people provided was a bad key, I tried chatting on MULTIPLE occassions and the chat feature just didn't work. It was a fake button.

All 3 of the emails I sent emails to asking where my GOOD key was and where my disk was, all bounced back. However, it took about 5 days for my emails to be sent back to me. So, I had no way of knowing their emails were bad until the 5th day. However, when I called Microsoft they said the key was infact a bad key.

I found out after doing a BBB search, that they use 2 other company names.

And, as you guys im sure know already, their phone number wont let you leave a voicemail either.

AND... the addresses they use are addresses to UPS stores, not to a p.o. box IN the UPS store, JUST the UPS address. UPS was contacted and they stated no, no box there and they are not in any contract with them to use their address either.

So, when I complained to PAYPAL - I asked if other people filed complaints and they said yes, and that the account was supposed to be frozen, but somehow it wasn't frozen or got unfrozen. So, he re-froze the account and unfortunately I have to wait another 7 days, but, I will get my money back to my card whether it be from these a$$hats, or from PayPal.

Whether you want to admit it or not, PayPal is there to protect us. I am so glad because I can't imagine what would have happened if these jerks would have gotten my c.c. number.  and, because I used PayPal, my c.c. number was hidden...

I am disgusted.. thoroughly.

I'm sorry this happened to you guys who are reading this. BUT, read the BBB report and see for yourselves.
See ya!

INo Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Custom Drapery - (United States of America)

I too ordered from first choice and never received any communication from e mail
Their phone # is no longer in service.
Pay Pal was notified of this company.