Complaint Review: First Choice Emergency Room

• Reported By: Texastwostep — The Woodlands United States of America
First Choice Emergency Room

First Choice Emergency Room BILLING FRAUD, Internet

*Consumer Comment: What ended up happening with this

I went to see them back in January of last year.  This Dr. decided I needed every xray and sonogram done.  I assuming because I have Insurance.  When I got my bill in February it was $4200.00.  They charged a facility charge and each service that is preformed is billed to the facility and the doctor.  (Even if the dr. did not do it).  example Songram $1500.00 - $750. facility and 750.00 for the doctor.

So in March my insurance made a payment and denied some services because they used the wrong procedure code.  Do you think they called to get this corrected? NO.  I had to call.  So they applied the payment and the adjustment from the insurance.  So I have been paying on this for the last several months because they are not contracted with my insurance.  I made a payment of $300.00 but when I get my statement it shows they only applied $235.17.

So I start to look at my statement for the last several months and it is not adding up.  In November my insurance made another payment of $240.80 and they show a adjustment of $240.80.  But my statement balance did not change reflecting the payment.  When I called they stated that because there was an adjustment back in March they then were not going to credit my account for the insurance payment.  I have now contacted an attorney and going to let them deal with this.  They are nothing but CROOKS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2012 04:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Choice-Emergency-Room/internet/First-Choice-Emergency-Room-BILLING-FRAUD-Internet-826183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Choice Emergency Room

What ended up happening with this

AUTHOR: David - ()

I am going through the same issue and would like to know what happened. I would like to get a lawyer as I feel like they robbed me and I have no recourse. However, a lawyer may cost as much or more than just paying the bill. If I don't pay the bill they'll report me to the credit agencies and ruin my credit. This place knows exactly what they're doing which is fooling people in to thinking they are a walk in clinic by placing thier facilites in strip malls then hitting them with hospital bills. There must be a way to get justice for those that have been deceived. So what if anything did your lawyer get done?