Complaint Review: First Choice Energy

• Updated: Wed, April 04, 2012

• Reported By: 223SFLAAVELAKELAND — Lakeland Florida United States of America
First Choice Energy
223 S. Fla. Ave. Lakeland & Tampa, Florida United States of America

First Choice Energy Energy Choice Partners, Energy Choice Preference , Did not pay me all I am owed for hours worked per agreement THEY had me sign Lakeland & Tampa, Florida

I went to work for this company in Feb. 2012. I worked 78 hrs. I recieved a check for $230.00. When I questioned it by the new managers I was told I was paid for talk time which is explained on the paperwork I signed when hired. Responded back that I had been given a copy of the agreement and it said last check will be min. wage for hours worked on a 1099 (which he knew very well since he was the one who made me a copy). I have called the Tampa office and again was told the same thing. Once again, I stated that my agreement states something different , ie: min. wage for hours worked. Yesterday I called the Tampa office and asked about the balance of my pay. The lady I spoke with ( Maria) said she would have to speak to Jose Menendez and would get back to me.They have so many excuses, pass the blame to former managers etc. It's a bunch of bull.               To my knowledge, the Lakeland office is closed as of Sunday. There are several, not sure how many, people who worked for this company and have been shorted or not paid at all. This company has a history of doing this as you can see from postings on the internet. They are under investigation by 2 Government entities and also a private Atty. for a collective civil action.                     This is a Call Center ,telemarketing for people to switch Electric providers in deregulated states.They will hire anyone who shows up for an interview or work as long as they don't ask alot of questions. In the group I was hired with, we didn't even fill out an application or paperwork until the 2nd day of working. I am not sure how many locations they have in the area or how many they will open in the future, but my suggestion is that you check them out before you go to work. If you do go to work for them you are entitled to a copy of any paperwork/ agreement you sign.You just might need it. Oh, and make sure you understand it COMPLETELY. You can look up Corporate info on Sunbiz.org,  contact Dept. of Labor about past complaints or some others that are listed on the internet.              I need my money, I deserve to be paid for the hours I worked 9am-6pm Mon-Fri .   PAY the people what they are owed.     Also... time is of the essence, try to get it as soon as possible because ......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 05:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Choice-Energy/Lakeland-Tampa-Florida-/First-Choice-Energy-Energy-Choice-Partners-Energy-Choice-Preference-Did-not-pay-me-all-863647. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Choice Energy