Complaint Review: First Choice Moving/Stephen Reine

• Updated: Fri, November 08, 2013

• Reported By: Cathy — Atlanta Georgia
First Choice Moving/Stephen Reine
Alexandria, Louisiana USA

First Choice Moving/Stephen Reine Stephen Reine Company is a Fraud and rips off the elderly and sick Alexandria Louisiana

*General Comment: UPDATE

*Consumer Comment: Oak Transport Service Stephen Reine

I contacted First Choice Mover's and spoke to Stephen Reine on October 11,2013, to move my elderly, ill, mom from Alexandria to Shreveport, Louisiana. We agreed on a moving date (October 30th) and Stephen stated that First Choice required a down payment of $150.00 and the payment would have to be made through paypal. I made the payment and once the payment was made and taken out my account I was NEVER able to get in contact with Stephen from First Choice moving via phone (I left numerous messages) or email. As of today's date (11/8/13), I still have not been able to get in contact with anyone from First Choice Moving. Stephen from First Choice Moving has returned the call to paypal and my bank, but has lied and said he spoke to me and this man has NEVER even attempted to contact me via phone nor email. I want my $150.00 refunded to my mom who had to hire another company to move her to Shreveport and she is on a fixed income. Companies like First Choice shouldn't be able to rip off the elderly and sick with no recourse. My mom needed to relocate to Shreveport to be closer to her doctor and a family member to help care for her. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I trusted this company to do the right thing and move my mom, but all they did was fraudently take our money and we never heard back from Stephen Reine or anyone from First Choice Moving.  I have reported First Choice Moving to the FTC however, I don't think the FTC can assist in geting my mom and myself a refund.

Sincerely,

Cathy H

First Choice Moving/Stephen Reine owner
318.206.8337

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Choice-MovingStephen-Reine/Alexandria-Louisiana-71302/First-Choice-MovingStephen-Reine-Stephen-Reine-Company-is-a-Fraud-and-rips-off-the-elder-1097912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Choice Moving/Stephen Reine

#1 General Comment

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Elena - ()

I was just wanting to respond to this report. As I was searching for an obituary for Stephen Reine, I came across this site claiming that Mr. Reine's business is a ripoff and takes advantage of the sick and elderly. I knew Mr. Reine through my agency that I work for, and I am sad to inform you that Mr. Reine passed away sometime between November 7th and 8th. This was discovered sometime on the evening of November 8th by a roommate.

Oak Transport Service Stephen Reine

AUTHOR: tammy - ()

there is a stephen reine in my hometown of laplace working or owns   Oak transport service. i looked the numbers up  504-401-2227 or

985-652-8315.