Complaint Review: First Choice Power

• Submitted: Thu, April 09, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 09, 2009

• Reported By:Roanoke Texas
First Choice Power
firstchoicepower.com San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

First Choice Power, First Choice Power fast to charge credit card for hefty deposit on electric service, then denies service and holds onto deposit San Antonio Texas

In February, 2009 I signed up with First Choice Power for my home electricity service via the internet. Everything appeared to go smoothly including First Choice Power charging my credit card $280.00 for a deposit. They were happy to charge the card immediately. Then two days later I get an email notice from First Choice Power saying they were denying my application for service and suggested I contact TXU Electric for my electricity needs. At that time I was informed by their customer service department that a check would be cut and mailed to me immediately.

It is now April 2009 and I called First Choice Power to find out the status on the money they owe me and I was told that the check approval has to be approved by their credit and collections dept before it can be printed and mailed to me. That process takes at least 30 to 45 days to go through the approval process before a check can be cut. The request for the check wasnt turned into the dept until March 31st. Of course, there is no supervisor to speak to regarding the issue. I have a good feeling that in 30 to 45 days I will be given some different excuse for not having my money refunded.

Roanoke, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2009 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Choice-Power/San-Antonio-Texas-78265/First-Choice-Power-First-Choice-Power-fast-to-charge-credit-card-for-hefty-deposit-on-ele-442312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Choice Power