Complaint Review: First Choice Power

• Submitted: Thu, June 25, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 25, 2009

• Reported By:League City Texas
First Choice Power
PO BOX 659603 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

First Choice Power: refusal To Refund Overpayment (rather Credit Account Than Refund Money) refusal to refund overpayment San Antonio Texas

On June 11, 2009 I attempt to pay online the amount of $128.93 for my electricity bill. My toddler son accidentally hit a key on the keyboard and sent my payment online. The confirmation was for $1238.93 instead of the correct amount of $128.93. I immediately called customer service to inform them of the mistake. The account was noted of the mistake and flagged to cancel the transcation (so I was told).

June 15, 2009 the transaction cleared my bank for the mistaken amount of $1238.93. I called customer service in an attempt of correct the matter and was told the prior notes on the account were there and the amount of $128.93 was paid and with the new billing cycle starting on the 14th of the month and additional charge of $219.58 was charged to show a credit amount of $798.35.

I had know quarrel with the July bill being deducted. The Ripoff was introduced when the company said I should recieve a refund in 5-7 business days. No refund at 5 days. I called the company back to see when would I receive it. They said June the 25th.

On the 25th I am informed they will not consider a refund of the credit balance of $798.35 untill July 11, 2009 afterward a check may be sent. I am angry and frustrated at the fact if I don't pay my electric bill my lights will be cut off. Whereas First Choice is refusing to pay me my money owed only to try and keep it in a credit form until they finagle charges to eat up the balance. I Should Be Intitle to a refund of MY MONEY when there is a credit and no debt owed.

James
League City, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2009 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Choice-Power/San-Antonio-Texas-78265/First-Choice-Power-refusal-To-Refund-Overpayment-rather-Credit-Account-Than-Refund-Money-464994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Choice Power