Complaint Review: First Coast Academy

• Submitted: Wed, December 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By:happy Alaska
First Coast Academy
2725 College St Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

First Coast Academy Took their homeschool classes ended up scamming me for over $1,000 Jacksonville Florida

*Consumer Comment: Fake high school diploma!!!

*Consumer Comment: Former student

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Correct the misunderstanding

*Consumer Comment: Highly upset

*Consumer Comment: I beg to differ...

*Consumer Comment: I graduated at my own pace!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: First Coast Academy

I joined this online school around 2006 thinking I was going to do good, but unfortunately they do not give you any training, so you have to learn how to use their complicated generic website by yourself. They also could careless if you was doing your work or not, they give you no confidence what so ever. Today I recently found out that my semester had ended and that all of my work is lost unless I pay $150 and $500 for another semester. So needless to say, they'll sniff you for every penny you have. BEWARE!! DON'T PICK THIS SCHOOL .. Now i'm 18, behind in 2 years of highschool and their credits will not transfer so its either pay $650 and hope I can finish all my work in 1 semester.

Bradky
happy, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2008 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Coast-Academy/Jacksonville-Florida/First-Coast-Academy-Took-their-homeschool-classes-ended-up-scamming-me-for-over-1000-Jac-400126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Coast Academy

Fake high school diploma!!!

AUTHOR: Krys - ()

My daughter completed and I paid a significant amount of money to First Coast Academy for high school classes and a fake high school diploma. She received her diploma in 2010 and registered at Valencia College in Orlando to continue her education. We had FCA send her high school transcripts to Valencia. If she wasn't continuing her education, we would probably never have found out that FCA diplomas are fake. Yesterday ...4 years after believing she had a real high school diploma, Valencia informed us that FCA is on the government's "hit list" as being "fake"... Not being accepted as being an accredited high school. My money and her time and effort were obviously a waste! My daughter, realizing that she must go back to high school at the age of 22...after being scammed by FCA...sat in the Valencia College admissions office sobbing. Embarrassed and frustrated...as well as completely devastated realizing that a private business would steal our money and destroy children's futures...I can only warn people that this unethical practice exists. Her college classes cannot count towards a degree because she technically/legally has never received a real/recognized/accredited high school diploma. Valencia actually advised us that there are several lawsuits being filed by people who have been scammed by fake schools such as FCA. Do we now jump on the legal bandwagon or do we suck it up and dedicate our efforts towards earning a real high school diploma?! I cannot begin to describe the pain I felt for my daughter as she cried over this pathetic situation she has found herself in because of the greed of an organization who takes payments for a fake document.

Former student

AUTHOR: deezy - ()

I graduated in 2003 and when asked about my high school I often laugh and say I bought my diploma. I joined FCA my senior year I had completed most of my requirements and had a 3.5 GPA when I enrolled. I had been offered a full time position/ promotion with a company and did not like my high school environment. The work was basic as long as you just do it send it in and give them a check you will get your diploma. I tried to join the air force years later and they would not accept it calling it a tier 2 diploma. I also had some trouble with the community college but they eventually accepted it.

This product is a reasonable thing for people who want trade school or just not to have a GED if you are looking to further your education I would advise not “buying” your diploma. Keep in mind this was over 10 years ago

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Correct the misunderstanding

AUTHOR: First Coast Academy - ()

As the Principal of First Coast Academy, I have helped many students earn their High School diploma.

I am available during schools hours to work with students with various problems and concerns.  Unfortunately, not every solution can be met with total satisfaction of all students.

There might have been times that I was called away from the office, but, I do my best to reach a positive solution to each FCA student's concern.

FCA is a private school.  We do require tuition to be paid for students to start their studies.  There is a contractual agreement that is made between the school and the student that must be accepted by both for the student to start their studies.

There is always the possibility that a student did not read the agreement and therefore, does  not know their obligation to the school.  Semester time is addressed in the enrollment process.

First Coast Academy attemps to resolve all issues that are a concern for a student.  Some issues are as basic as the foundation in which the school was built.

Semester time, delivery methods, payment options and work ethics  that are spelled out in the enrollment agreement are not often up to a student's interpertation.

We do our best to resolve issues to the student's total satisfaction, but, this  is not always the case.  We regreat that a student feels that we have not met their expections.

Happily for us and our graduates, we have had many successful graduates.  Just visit "meet our graduates" on our website and let them speak for themselves.

Highly upset

AUTHOR: Highly Disappointed - ()

Your right they do rip you off. I'm currently a student My term is going to end soon yet, I'm not finished with all my credits. I will be going into a second term by 30 days yet I have to pay full tuition. I think it should be prorated do to the fact I'm not taking the whole term. It's there fault that I'm going into a second term. They take so long to issue you your Exams. I will not tell anyone about them! Word of mouth is the best advertisement. Highly upset.

I beg to differ...

AUTHOR: Miss Moon - (United States of America)

I attempted to call First Coast Academy to speak to the "principal". I never got a call back then when I called again a week later the said person in charge wasn't in during school hours.

I graduated at my own pace!

AUTHOR: jessls - (United States of America)

I was a student at First Coast Academy.  Everyone there was nice and I was able to get my diploma.  I recommend it to anyone I know who is looking for education.  No complaints here.

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

First Coast Academy

AUTHOR: First Coast Academy - (United States of America)

First Coast Academy has been a successful high school since 1999. We have had many graduates  from 1999 to present.

Unfortunately, we are unable to resolve this complaint because we have no specific information about this student.

If the student would contact the school, we will happy to resolve this issue.