Complaint Review: First Consumer National Bank - Card Processing Center

• Submitted: Sat, March 25, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, March 25, 2006

• Reported By:Skokie Illinois
First Consumer National Bank - Card Processing Center
PO Box 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

First Consumer National Bank - Card Processing Center ripoff - phony late charges and spiked rates Old Bethpage New York

I have read an eye popping number of complaints against this mysterious company which now calls itself "The Crd Processing Center." Two of my old credit accounts (which I closed when they tried to spike me to almost 30%), Providian and Newport News, are now handled by them.

One time they misapplied a payment to the wrong account, charged me late fees, financ charges and spiked my itnerest rate. It took about 3 months to get it straightened out.

It is hard to get a human being on the phone at 516 576 8706 but I found a trick that works so I wanted to pass it along. When you get your choices, press the one that says you are ready to make a telephone payment. (For THAT they'll put humans on the phones!) Then when a human picks up the line, explain the situation.

Last time I actually got a girl to give me their fax number so I could fax over a protest. It seems they take an inordinately long time processing payments so you end up getting charged a late fee even when you are not late. I fight tooth and nail over the late fees. I will NOT pay a late fee if I have not paid late! and they are obscene anyhow---$35.00! Also, I will not allow them to spike my rate since the account has been closed since 2002! If you are interested in faxing a letter the fax number is 516 576 0422. This is faster than using the mail.

Basically I think the "Card Procssing Center" is just a company that bought up a lot of bank credit accounts that the banks themselves no longer wanted to handle. In the case of Providian, they were being sued all over the place and I think they sold off their accounts just to get out from under.

Skokie, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2006 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumer-National-Bank-Card-Processing-Center/Old-Bethpage-New-York-111804/First-Consumer-National-Bank-Card-Processing-Center-ripoff-phony-late-charges-and-spik-183209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumer National Bank - Card Processing Center