unexpected

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2003

• Reported By:Bloomsburg Pennsylvania
First Consumer National Bank
P.O. B. 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone: 516-576-8706
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

First Consumer National Bank COMPLETE RIP-OFF Old Bethpage New York

I too bought a Gateway computer from this so called company. My old one died & I was desperate so I could keep in contac with my Daughter in Va. (phone was too expensive or was it?)

I first called Gateway & they refused me any credit so they transferred my call to this bank & I was approved right away. This was in May 2001 I still owe almost $600.00 for a $1000.00 comp. I pd. $60.00 a month for 12 or 13 months then went down to my payment that is $50.00 a mth. (trying to save on interest).

The reason for this complaint is that in August of this year I received my bill stating that I was a month behind. That I owed $100.00 plus $29.00 late fees. I knew better so I went to my bank got a copy of my( check) July payment, and went thru my check book & wrote down every check # & then I wrote them a letter with the check #'s asking them to tell me which month I supposedly did not pay.

That according to my checks I was actually a month ahead. Then I told them I would send them a copy of the one they needed and that I expected to have my account upto date & the $29.00 lates fees removed from my account. About a week later I received a letter stating that they have reversed the $29.00 late fee & it would be on my next billing.

To my surprise it was, BUT (knock on wood) I still owe them money so I never know when i'll be overcharged again. Someone does need to do something about this Company! I like most that borrowed from them are on small salaries & cannot afford this kind of RIPOFFS!

Carol
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2003 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Consumer-National-Bank/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/First-Consumer-National-Bank-COMPLETE-RIP-OFF-Old-Bethpage-New-York-72674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Consumer National Bank